Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Awsten Knight of Waterparks Likes His Band’s Album Again

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Awsten Knight of Waterparks has shared a letter on Twitter about how he likes his band’s upcoming album again. You can read that below.

I’m not sure how to start so I just will. To be transparent and blunt, the last couple of months have been weird, difficult and everything else that sits in the realm of ‘bad’. I lost a lot mentally and physically. Certain things happened and to be (overly) honest with you ‘Entertainment’ was ruined for me.

I stopped listening to it and it felt weird to hype it in interviews. However, the worst part was the pure dread I felt thinking ‘Fuck I still have to tour on this and sing these words every night.’ The idea of that was actual torture.

It’s been fucking with me a lot more than I show it. Yesterday I sat down and listened, like LISTEN listened, and to be honest it didn’t sting the way I thought it would. The songs were still the same but at the same time feel entirely different. It’s like all of the meanings have new context and while it’s not as strong (the change in feeling) as I fully want, it’s getting there, at least to where I can listen and not feel a pit in my stomach anymore.

No matter how I feel towards the subjects I wrote about on ‘Entertainment’ (currently), I’m now able to listen to and love this album again. It’s a snapshot of me over the months of December 2016 – July 2017, with a few pieces of times much further back than that.

When I listened yesterday my primary thought was ‘Fuck. Fuck. This album is flawless. It is perfect. It is so good.” These are all things that I really needed to feel about it again. Soon, you’ll understand.

So hey, I’m excited ‘again’ for you to hear ‘Entertainment’. See you all again real soon.

2. SundayDrive555

Sounds a bit pretentious for a band that sounds like 5 Seconds of Summer.

DearCory, Kingjohn_654 and Brent like this.
  3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I know his girlfriend cheated on him in November and am pretty sure lucky people was about her. I actually talked to my girlfriend about that and how singing songs like that live would be rough.

4. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

While I can respect that he's been through something shitty, this guy is so offputting that I can't bring myself to care about this.

Brent and CMilliken like this.
  5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

That has what to do with the process of creating art that means something?

Matt Metzler likes this.
  6. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Don’t know why people shit on him so much. If a band like All Time Low or The Maine or Fall Out Boy had a member make a statement like this everybody would be oozing out sympathy. Sucks that he went through some shit recently, glad he’s on the mend.

Turkeylegz and tyramail like this.
  7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

8. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

You’re an idiot.

9. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

This dude got his fans to bully and harass a female Canadian politician on twitter to the point where his account was suspended. lmao is there any single dude in this scene who isn’t a childish asshole?

skogsraet likes this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Can you link me to something about this if possible? I haven't heard anything about this before.

11. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

If you follow the thread you can see him being incredulous that he was banned, his fans piling on, and posting screenshots of their own harassment. Also it may be a little hard to tell, since a lot of tweets were deleted, but a lot of it was making fun of her because she switched from the Conservative party to better combat sexism and fight for LGBT rights.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Doesn't surprise me tbf. I know the tour driver for their UK tour last year and apparently they were taking the piss out of the gifts fans gave them and literally chucked them in the bin, and were inside joking about making fans wait in the cold to meet them. Doesn't surprise me when one shitty behaviour leads from another.

13. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Hope the other replies in this thread have given you an idea of why he's disliked. Saw them live with All Time Low last year and he's a below average performer as well as a very distasteful person.

DearCory likes this.
  14. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I don't get it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

The government's been lying to you, kid. They're plotting secret wars behind your back. Trump has been cryptically tweeting stuff this whole time. You're just a pawn, Chorus FM member 8743.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I'm missing something. What does this have to do with Jason Tate? Or is your motif just trolling any and every post regardless of context?

17. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

To be fair, the government has been lying to us.

18. That one.

CyberInferno likes this.
  19. CyberInferno

Thank you for cleaning this trash off the community posts (or thanks to whichever other mod did it if it wasn't you). There's a line between reasonable criticism and unwarranted attacks, and this person was obviously way, way past that line.

I personally don't really understand what you could possibly have done to get someone that butt-hurt. But glad that they're gone.

20. Someone else did, I left them ... but yeah.

21. robargarthan

not cool using "butt-hurt" and kinda surprised jason didn't call you out on that

22. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

I don't like this guy. He was kind of an asshat when we booked him at my school and I've never read a thing he's said without feeling like he's the kind of guy we shouldn't really support ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Brent likes this.
  23. SundayDrive555

If it means something to him great... it just made me laugh reading this statement while thinking about their Radio Disney sound.

24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

At least I'm glad it's not just me that thinks he's an ass. I thought I was just getting a vibe no one else got...

25. CyberInferno

I'm glad you called me out on it. I never even thought about that as being homophobic, but I can see how it might be interpreted that way. I shall do better in the future.