Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Billie Joe Armstrong Says Trump Is Unfit for Office

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong, like a lot of us, think it’s time for Donald Trump to be impeached:

This isn’t funny. This is our president acting like a madman drunk on power THREATENING to kill innocent starving people by way of nuclear war. The 25th amendment needs to be enforced. This man is sick and unfit for office. I don’t care if your liberal or conservative.. this has to stop.

2. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I wish there would've been a way to view his post without reading even two of the replies on the side. Fucking human beings, man.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

While true, BJA has gotten on the level of Morrissey for how annoying he is.

4. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Guy who wrote American Idiot says Republican president ought to be impeached. Seems pretty on-brand.

Snarkiness aside, he is clearly right especially with Trump's tweets lately.

Raku, David Parke and Brent like this.
  5. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

(Homer voice): Explain how

6. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Back that sentiment.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  7. grendel

if you're dumb enough to care about what a millionaire rock star politically thinks, then you deserve what you get.

Brent and Raku like this.
  8. If you’re dumb enough to think someone’s job silences their political opinion ....

coleslawed, Joe4th, Penguin and 9 others like this.
  9. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Personally, I don’t care about political opinions unless they come from some one making $45-95,000/yr. with 40% of their income derived from a non corporate pass-through entity.

RobJGolde, Turkeylegz and Jason Tate like this.
  10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Not even close.

11. MatthewDuke

Regular Supporter

I'm a huge Smiths fan and Billie Joe is not even on the same wavelength as Morrissey, starting with the fact that Billie Joe doesn't defend sexual predators.

12. heymattrick

Sending my love

Kind of funny and shocking to see how it catches some people off guard. I remember seeing/hearing people upset at shows this summer when he did his “no sexism/no racism/no Donald Trump” rant during Holiday, like...do you not know what this song and album was about? The song American Idiot is even more relevant now than it was 13 years ago. But Green Day should “stay out of politics”?! Hahahahahaha

13. RobJGolde

Agreed haha I get it if you go to a show for some big-name artist who hasn't spoken out about politics before then all of a sudden they go on a rant about it mid-show. I get how that might throw some people off, but it's Green Day. It kinda comes with the territory.

Turkeylegz and heymattrick like this.
  14. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

What news! :sly: That orange-wigged fuck should've never been on the ballot in the first place. So...people like Green Day on Chorus now?

15. RobJGolde

Eh, most of their stuff post-American Idiot doesn't really do it for me. But I do like them overall.

16. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

American Idiot was awesome and is still my favourite album ever. 21CB was okay but had a lot of filler tracks. The trilogy was an album's worth of good tracks scattered through 3 albums full of bad songs. Revolution Radio was great though!

Turkeylegz likes this.
  17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The fact that people still are surprised when BJA speaks out against Trump is almost as surprising as the fact that anyone still supports Trump

Turkeylegz and RobJGolde like this.
  18. zachmacD

Trusted

Has anyone listened to the Sam Harris Podcast with Scott Adams about Trump? I know it's old but I finally got around to listening it and I thought it was pretty interesting.