Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

5 Seconds of Summer to Release New Album Next Year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Michael Clifford of 5 Seconds of Summer sat down with Billboard to talk about the band’s upcoming third album:

It’s coming along really well. It’s taking a really long time to perfect the new sound and direction we’re taking. I think the reason it’s taken so long is because we haven’t just wanted to get it to a place where we’re, like, happy… We want it to be perfect. I think when all the new stuff comes out, it’s like a departure of our old sound but it still keeps elements of all of the things we liked about it. It was just time for us to change. The studio’s been awesome. We’ve just been slaving away, living in there. We’re at a point now where we’re almost ready to put out our first single.

2. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Not gonna lie. I am excited

Analog Drummer likes this.
  3. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Their last album was disappointing (compared to first) imo. But I welcome any change to the sound.

4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Interested to see how much of a departure from their previous sound it is.

5. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Looking forward to it. I thought their last album was lots of fun.

6. Lucas27

Trusted

I honestly wouldn't care about this for one second of summer. Much less winter.

earthlight likes this.
  7. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

REAL pop punk music.

8. DearCory

Regular

Their first album was really good... second didn’t do much for me. Excited to see where they go and see how it translates to their fan base

9. zachmacD

Trusted

Are these guys still relevant?

10. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

They still pack arenas around the world, so yeah.

Helloelloallo and Analog Drummer like this.
  11. zachmacD

Trusted

thanks for the sarcasm. If I knew they packed arenas, I wouldn't have asked

12. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

What was sarcastic about it? LOL. You asked if they were relevant and he responded yes with the reasoning.

13. zachmacD

Trusted

you're right

14. huntercrunch

Regular

I'm excited. As some others here have said, I really like their first album (it reminds me a lot of Nothing Personal-era All Time Low), but Sounds Good, Feels Good was pretty hit or miss for me.

It has some great songs, but I feel like it ran a bit too long and had wayyyyyyyyy too many slow songs... it also really bothered me how Calum was the only one who got a solo song. He is by far the weakest singer in the group, and he has just as many if not more vocal parts on the album than Luke who is a much better singer...

15. SFguitar

Regular

First album is ok, but their second album is REALLY bad.

16. invaderphantom

Prediction: The next album won't have anything to do with "pop punk" anymore (more something along the lines of Twentyone Pilots and newer FOB)