Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Eminem Tops the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Eminemhas the number one album in the country this week:

As previously reported, Eminem’s Revival debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, granting the artist a record eighth consecutive bow at No. 1. The set starts atop the list with 267,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Dec. 21, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 197,000 were in traditional album sales.

2. The Format

Regular

3. red8ge

Regular

people love names they recognize no matter how bad the product is, just look at the last jedi

Ska Senanake likes this.
  4. Comparing a great movie to this album sure is a reach.

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Welp, this is a terrible analogy.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  6. Ska Senanake

Trusted

New star wars was ok, rogue one was way better for sure.

7. ZeoVGM

Regular

Except The Last Jedi was critically acclaimed and the Eminem album received terrible reviews.

So that's a terrible analogy.

AshlandATeam and Aaron Mook like this.
  8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

there's no maximum number of times that this can be criticized as a terrible analogy.

AshlandATeam and Aaron Mook like this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I'm not that surprised though, it was pretty (from what i saw on social media) widely anticipated, and this just means it sold a lot, people could have purchased it and then hated it. being #1 on billboard doesn't really equate to how good the album is overall, it just means a shit ton of people heard eminem was releasing a new album and bought it blindly.

skogsraet likes this.
  10. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Remember how creepy the lyrics to "Ass Like That" are?

skogsraet likes this.
  11. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

No WAY are these the Eminem lyrics you're most concerned about

oldboot likes this.
  12. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Haha I don't really listen to his stuff. I just remember that song on MTV when I was in middle school.

13. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Fair enough hahaha, if you ever feel like doing some reading about his earlier works I'm sure you'll be in for a shock

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

i don’t really have anything to add except the obvious: eminem is fucking gross and his faux progressivism is especially annoying considering the lyrics on every single album of his, including this one

Robk and Turkeylegz like this.
  15. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Kim

16. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

His worst album yet. It's a shame but he was so much better musically when he was off his face on drugs... lol.

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I definitely don't think it's his worst album, but I don't think he is capable of even remotely getting close to anything he made before 2002/2003. It's almost unfair to compare them now. I still think Relapse is his worst effort of all time, Recovery being the strongest post Eminem Show (IMO), but this an MMLP2 are about equal. Encore I don't care for at all but still think Relapse is worse.

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Jeez I forgot there was a MMLP2, what a shame that was.

19. warriorsam

Like listening to a senile hermit tell inside jokes to himself.