Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vacationer Mastering New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. ARo24

Regular

Oddly I’ve never really listened to Vacationer. Grew up a huge TSL fan. I’ll need to give this a crack.

3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

YES!

beachdude42, dylan and Larry David like this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I rec. Good as New and Everyone Knows first.

5. ARo24

Regular

Right on! Thank you will do!

6. Can't believe it's almost been four years since Relief. I very rarely go back to that one. Still super excited for this though

7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Amped to hear it. Saw them live earlier this year and had a blast

8. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Really stoked to hear this. Hope it will come out towards the beginning of summer! They're always great during that time of the year.

9. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

I 2nd these recs.

Gone is great.

10. zachmacD

Trusted

That album was a pretty big letdown. It’s a shame because they seemed to be building some momentum until that album came out

11. zachmacD

Trusted

Gone is great all the way throug. I hope this sounds closer to that

littlejohn likes this.
  12. From the clips Ken has periodically posted in his IG over the last years, it sure sounds like it's going to be, At least in terms of songs like Good As New and Trip. A lot more hip hop/beat influenced opposed to the straight up chill island-y sound Relief mostly had. Like, Relief isn't bad a record or anything, but outside of a couple songs it requires me to be in a very specific mood to listen to. Gone is a lot more versatile.

littlejohn likes this.
  13. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

This is great news.
    Saw them tour after Gone came out with Hellogoodbye and it was the perfect pairing.
    Such a fun show.

littlejohn likes this.
  14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I loved "Paradise Waiting", "Shining" and "The Wild Life" so much, but you're right, the rest of the record is like one big vibe. If you're not in the mood, it's not always what you want. I lived with a bunch of wild dudes when that record came out, so my memories associated with it are mostly just me listening to it trying to fall asleep. Haha.

trevorshmevor and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  15. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Dude. Been there. My solution was a big box fan...regardless of season. Life saver.

Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  16. zachmacD

Trusted

Does anyone know if the other guys are still part of the band?

17. Jonathan Dec 26, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 26, 2017)
    Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I 3rd these recs, Vacationer is just excellent.

18. One of these quotes is not like other ones lol

Jonathan likes this.
  19. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

LOL yeah whoops had my quotes mixed up from other threads, this system is confusing to me sometimes, thanks for the heads up.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  20. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Relief was absolutely not a letdown album to me! I still listen to it every summer, it's perfect. Liked both of them so far, and couldn't be more excited for new music, despite also holding some small hopes for any Person L music in the future. We got some new TSL, so who knows!

serotonin and Jonathan like this.