Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kenny Vasoli Acoustic Set in Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Niiiice.

3. giantSRH

Boss Hog Outlaw Prestigious

Was just listening to Person L and wondering/hoping he's working on new material in some fashion.

RobJGolde likes this.
  4. rbf737

Regular

Haha as someone who learned guitar in part to learn how to play The Impression that I Get, that made me cringe a bit.

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I feel like I've watched countless people stumble their way through that song. As a matter of fact, I was at the Mizzou men's basketball game two nights ago and the band butcher it at the beginning. haha.

6. ARo24

Regular

I miss TSL. Kenny is such an awesome dude.

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

This made my night

Mr. Serotonin and trevorshmevor like this.
  8. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Saw them open for TBS once and it was so fucking fun. He's so great to watch live regardless of what band he's in.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. RobJGolde

Mmmm that Epiphone Sheraton II :hearteyes:

10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Vacationer has a third record finished right? I thought I saw a while back that they wrapped it up but I haven't seen anything officially announced about its release.

11. noKings

Regular

This is great. Think Ace was at this too.

12. noKings

Regular

Been following him on instagram/twitter, feel like there'll be an announcement soon. Hopefully summer release.

13. RobJGolde

I've always wanted to do something like this, play an acoustic set for an Emo Night before the DJ comes on. Only problem is I lack the credentials of once being a part of a major band in the scene so it'd like "who the fuck is this guy?" haha

14. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Is there a genuine chance of getting another TSL album ever?

RobJGolde likes this.
  15. RobJGolde

When they released the Anyways EP 2 years ago I posted on FB saying something like "I'd glady trade all pop-punk bands from the last 8 years for another Starting Line album"...I still feel the same way.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I'd say there's definitely a good chance

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I just asked about a new Vacationer record and I saw his instagram post today which actually looks like it's currently being mixed

18. Mr. Serotonin

That’s fuckin’ greatttt news

Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Actually, now that I looked into it, I think it's already being mastered (instead of mixed). Even BETTER news!

20. Mr. Serotonin

That's awesome. I liked the first record a lot better, but i need to give the second one another shot.

21. RobJGolde

I have yet to check out Vacationer. RIYL?

22. RobJGolde

I saw TSL on the taste of chaos tour last year and they’ve still fucking got it. I had such a fun time during their set.

23. Mr. Serotonin

It's honestly kinda beachy, chill, smoking type music? I have them on a playlist with Broken Bells, Dispatch, Working for a Nuclear Free City, Naked and Famous, the songs Garands and Guns Out by Young the Giant, Beach Weather...that prolly didn't help :crylaugh:

Listen to "Good as New" "Everyone knows" first. Those are good intro songs.

24. RobJGolde

I can get behind that. I do love The Naked and Famous. Plus, given Kenny’s vibe and the name Vacationer, i probably should’ve assumed that’d be the sound haha

25. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah man you'll prolly like it. Catchy, lotta loop pedal action, cool beats, great lyrics/singing as you'd expect from him.

Spotify lists: St. Lucia, Miniture Tigers, Ra Ra Riot, Jr Jr