Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance and Composure Announce Break Up

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

eh they said there's one more show after the anniversary shows, in the spring

3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i've never much enjoyed this band but they've had a very interesting career

pauldunions likes this.
  4. jorbjorb

7 rings

10 years is a good accomplishment for a band these days. kudos to them.

coleslawed and electro haikus like this.
  5. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

WHAT

6. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I think we all saw this coming, people have been talking about it for over a year at this point.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

Damn, that's a bummer. I gotta see them play some "Light We Made" live

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

ugh

9. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Remember there was the person who said he had an inside scoop within the band that they planned to break up following the Thrice tour. Everyone shit on that poor guy, and here we are

10. The signs for this were everywhere, if you pay close attention to them then this probably isn't really a surprise. Bummed regardless, but their happiness is definitely what's most important. They had a very good run, and will definitely go down as one of the most influential bands from this era of the "scene".

11. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Damn this is unfortunate but it looked like they were completely over it when I saw them last week. Glad I got to see them one last time.

12. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Saw this coming, was hoping they had one more album left in them though

13. DeRRek

Trusted

This is devastating. I was going to get tickets to see them in Glasgow but they cancelled the tour and now knowing hat they won’t be coming over is horrible news. I love B&C.

14. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

Have really enjoyed some of their records, but having finally seen them live for the first time last month, they really just didn't seem to be into playing. It was a flat, dull performance that really let me down. So I guess I'm not surprised to hear this.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

it's weird seeing them play live because they really don't ever seem into it. the crowd gets SO into some songs though, you'd think that would hype them, but never seems to.

thenewtypetheory and CMilliken like this.
  16. momo32t

Trusted

Pretty bummed about all of this. But I've been fortunate enough to see them many times on the Light We Made touring cycle. They've hit NYC a bunch recently. Hope at least the full lineup will do the 10-year shows.

17. kaeru

pillbugpdx Supporter

Awful news.

18. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

10 years and never heard a single song by them... soooo.... okay.

19. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

why would you even make a comment like this lol? like congrats for living under a rock?

20. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Anyway... this sucks, they were such a great band. I remember in like 2010 / 2011 when i was really finding my own way musically, these guys meant so much to me. They’ll be missed.

21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

at least they went out on easily their best record

22. CMilliken

Trusted

This is true. I’ve seen them twice now. Once opening for Manchester years ago and then on their Light We Made tour. Just not a band that gets into their performance too much.

23. CMilliken

Trusted

Light We Made is such a fantastic record. Really bummed about this.

24. caseyaylward

Ahhh thank you, and here I am unsurprised. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Larry David likes this.
  25. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

guessing that was you?!