Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Waterparks (Video Interview)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Waterparks are on the verge of something big. After spending the last year and a half climbing the ranks of the pop-punk scene with their debut Double Dare, the band is slated to release their follow-up, Entertainment, on January 26th via Equal Vision Records.

I recently sat down with the band’s lead singer, Awsten Knight, and he is careful and thoughtful in his responses to questions about his band’s sophomore effort. If you watch carefully, you can see that Knight doesn’t want to reveal too much too soon. Viewers can see his excitement bubbling just beneath the surface. He reveals that the band is trying new things; spicing things up with synthesizers and taking a step beyond their previous work.

2. ARo24

Regular

Their singer is unbearably annoying. Music is also subpar.

SamLevi11 and cosmickid like this.
  3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This band is pretty average but they have a few okay tracks. Stupid For You and Gloom Boys are okay songs.

Lead singer is someone I find genuinely weird.

4. CyberInferno Dec 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 6, 2017)
    CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Lead singer says "like" too much. Makes him seem like he's 15 not 25. Definitely a little weird, but he's likeable enough.

That being said, I found their first album enjoyable enough as a whole, and I like the lead single of the sophomore album, so I'll definitely be checking it out.

EDIT: Side note, @Jason Tate, I think you all might need a better camera ;-). That grainy footage was hard to watch at times.

5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Also I heard something interesting about this band. I vaguely know the guy who was tour driver for them recently (he's a friend of some of my friends), and he claimed anything given to them by fans (and there is a lot as their fans are mostly 13-17) was dumped and left. The tour driver would put it all in a box but at the end of the tour they refused to take any of it and just dumped it.

Made me definitely sceptical of them as people but maybe they just don't wanna get caught up in any of the shit that's currently going on.

6. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Don't understand why this would make you skeptical of them as people. If they get a shit ton of stuff from fans every show, every tour, they might just not want to clutter up their homes with all of it... if they are kind and respectful and gracious to their fans, but then they decide to discreetly get rid of all the gifts and surprises and handmade trinkets at the end of the tour, what's wrong with that?

CyberInferno likes this.
  7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

It was more the attitude that was described about it. Apparently it was a literal "this is garbage" attitude.

Again, could be this guy exaggerating but It's enough to make me sceptical about treatment of fans.

8. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I’ve met the band twice and they seemed very genuinely sweet and stoked to hang out with fans. I get where you’re coming from, but I personally hate clutter and wouldn’t want to keep a bunch of stuff like that either. Not to mention, if they are getting inappropriate gifts (like bras thrown on stage at all time low shoes) I can imagine not wanting to keep anything like that.

9. TDenverFan

Regular

Also, idk what they do when they're not touring but they're not exactly gonna be living in a huge luxurious house. A lot of bands live in simple apartments, I don't blame them for not keeping random shit. Like bands get drawings of them made by fans all the time, I don't think I'd want to hold on to all of them if I was in their shoes.

10. xthisislove

Regular

Most calculated band in the genre