Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Story of the Year Stream New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

What a 2004 sentence.

Stoked to finally listen to this.

3. bloodinthesand

Regular

This album is so good it's nauseating

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty fun album. The opening track (technically track 2) is a banger and a great way to start off the album.

5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Got the download early via Kickstarter, and really like it a lot. Did not disappoint for me.

6. Yup. I'm enjoying this way more than I could've expected.

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

This album is exactly what I expected. Heavy rock songs with a pop sheen and gigantic vocal hooks. I won't be listening to this a year from now, but a few tracks might find their way into a more regular rotation for me when I'm at the gym.

None of this is a bad thing, this style of music is just nothing I return to with any given frequency anymore... This album is an easy 10/10 for what they were going for.

8. Analog Drummer

Regular

This album is fantastic. Who would’ve thought they could still nail vintage 2005 SOTY. LOVING IT

9. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I love this album so much, that track-by-track made me appreciate it even more.

10. Jackbo487

Regular

so happy/shocked I like this as much as i do

skurt likes this.
  11. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Really excited to listen to this tomorrow

skurt likes this.
  12. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I'm so happy with all the good feedback the album is getting! They deserve it so much!

Jason Tate and skurt like this.
  13. jorbjorb

7 rings

This is their best album. My god is it good.

fenway89 and skurt like this.
  14. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong but the quality on this Fuse website is so incredibly bad and lo-fi and I can't see an option for video quality?

skurt likes this.
  15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just gotta mention how silly that album art is.

Silly meaning dumb.

bachna84 likes this.
  16. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Dropping the band members and just leaving it as a campfire in the woods would have been better...funny someone had the actual idea of putting the guys on bicycles and strategically placing them in the shot haha

Colby Searcy and mattylikesfilms like this.
  17. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

These guys do huge anthemic rock better than almost anyone. I can't wait to see where they go from here.

18. Jackbo487

Regular

i've seen, um, stranger things pass as album covers before...

19. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

ha! ba dun tish

Jackbo487 likes this.
  20. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Kinda stoked to listen to this.

Also, the irony of this streaming via Fuse is not lost on me.

21. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Story Of The Year – Wolves (Album Review)

"Story Of The Year – Vocalist Dan Marsala, Lead Guitarist Ryan Phillips, Bassist/Rhythm Guitarist Philip Sneed, and Drummer Josh Wills – went the independent route on Wolves, their fifth studio album (not counting 2013’s Page Avenue: 10 Years and Counting) and first release in seven years. Utilizing a Pledge Music campaign to fund the project, the foursome enrolled Producer Aaron Sprinkle (New Found Glory, MxPx) and Mix Engineers Tom Lord-Alge (Blink-182, Sum 41) and J Hall for help on the fifteen-song collection."

Shout out to my buddy and frequent collaborator, J Hall, for doing a monster job on the mix of this record.

Colby Searcy and skurt like this.
  22. OpenIntro

llama llama

Hugely impressed by this album.

23. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

That album art is hilarious. I'd love to hear the story behind it.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  24. Mike

This is a really fun album and I'm glad they're still rocking out. I think it's a perfect blend of Page Avenue and In the Wake of Determination.

A slight aside but I have a great appreciation for Story of the Year for the release of "'Is This My Fate?' He Asked Them" as it touched upon a lot of the frustration I had growing up as a young gay man. It was particularly powerful because I recall not many bands making such a loud statement of support at the time. "Is this my fate?" and Screeching Weasels' "I Want to be a Homosexual" were two pivotal songs that helped me shape my identity and fuelled my resolve to come out.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Haha definitely...

I’m assuming they’re trying to tap into the Stranger Things craze like Speak The Truth did with their latest (cringey) music video.