Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Amazon Prime Video Comes to Apple TV

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Amazon Prime Video is now available on the Apple TV. MacStories writes:

The timing of Prime Video’s release coincides with Apple’s release of tvOS 11.2 earlier this week, which adds a new Sports tab to the TV app. This enables tracking and watching games from various sports, and is a perfect complement to Prime Video’s release due to Amazon being the rights holder for Thursday Night Football games. Starting tomorrow night, users will be able to watch NFL games using the TV app and Prime Video.

I’ll take this moment to plug The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, which is fantastic.

2. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Hope we get iTunes app for Fire TV in return

3. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

First person I told about this news was my mom, she's been asking me once every few weeks if the Amazon Prime Video app was available for her Apple TV yet. I think she watches tons of their shows, and I'll be sure to check out a few now as well. I tried The Tick pilot this morning but was underwhelmed. I watched a few episodes of Alpha House a few years back and enjoyed that…

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Oh my god about time.

5. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

When are they going to allow us to combine all our of digital copies? UV, Flixster, etc.

6. Jonathan Dec 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 6, 2017)
    Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Just my assumption, but I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of Apple TV/Apple ecosystem users with Amazon Prime accounts is larger than the amount of Fire TV users who use iTunes regularly. Looks like there's already a Spotify Fire TV app, maybe more use that? End of the day, Amazon is probably more concerned with serving up there content to people who pay them for Prime. That said, I bet Apple won't open up their original content, but who knows.

I don't I see the studios playing nice with this. Hell, we don't even have Disney/Marvel 4k movies yet. I've had some standard definition versions of movies since they came with my blu-rays, and I've finally just started paying for them again since I figured they're never offering a HD/4k update plan.

7. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Not for music, but for being able to watch the movies and tv you bought from iTunes on your fire tv instead of needing a apple tv thing

8. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I would love to see free updates to digital purchases. But, yeah, I’m not holding breath for it.

9. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

@Jason Tate !! You don't have an excuse not to watch the Tick anymore. Lmk what you think!