Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Time’s Person of the Year are “The Silence Breakers”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Time:

Like the “problem that has no name,” the disquieting malaise of frustration and repression among postwar wives and homemakers identified by Betty Friedan more than 50 years ago, this moment is borne of a very real and potent sense of unrest. Yet it doesn’t have a leader, or a single, unifying tenet. The hashtag #MeToo (swiftly adapted into #BalanceTonPorc, #YoTambien, #Ana_kaman and many others), which to date has provided an umbrella of solidarity for millions of people to come forward with their stories, is part of the picture, but not all of it.

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I love this so much. Even though it’s sad that “silence breakers” have to exist in the first place, I’m glad their voices are now being heard.

3. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

Beautiful portraits. I wish Kesha was included tho

supernovagirl likes this.
  4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I'm surprised there aren't more responses on this, tbh

5. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

this 100%. truly baffled how they could have left her out.

Aaron Mook and tyramail like this.
  6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

The amount of white men claiming these women were too late on the Facebook posts of my local newspaper is gross.