Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy “Hold Me Tight or Don’t” Beyond the Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. somethingwitty

Trusted

Im so confused, who are their target market now? This just sounds like a song from Top 40 radio...like this is dangerously close to Maroon 5, right?

You can tell theyre using outside writing partners from the pop radio industry. I mean, make that money if you can!

3. Jimmythelocke

I said this when I first heard this song. This legit sounds like a Shakira song haha. I am all for growing and exploring new sounds as a band but this is really bad and Patrick Stumps "hips don't lie." I will try to give the album a go but this is no bueno.

4. heymattrick

Sending my love

Oh gosh, we already did this three weeks ago when the song came out...

5. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

0 for 3 in terms of gaining traction on Top 40 radio which makes me think this album will be a dud commercially. In terms of merit, I like all the songs I've heard and I think the band members are genuinely interested in making these music so I guess that's all that matters. Can't imagine they can do another major North American tour to support this unless it's co-headlining with a popular pop/hip-hop act.

6. This tour's been exceptionally popular without the album.

7. heymattrick

Sending my love

I think our definitions of exceptionally popular must vary, unless you were being specific about the album not being out. 3/4ths of the upper level in Denver was curtained off. I found better seats on TM than the ones I got in presale for both the Cleveland and LA shows. I don’t think any individual dates sold out either.

I mean this in comparison to similar arena tours for bands that FOB has been grouped in with or toured with the past few years. I haven’t seen actual stats or anything, but as a hardcore fan who went to 3 shows, I almost felt a little embarrassed at how many open seats/available tickets were left. Not to mention all-reserved/no GA did a number on the energy level.

somethingwitty likes this.