Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory Oral History

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

New Found Glory sat down with Nylon to do a little oral history:

We were in a house in Malibu at that time, making Coming Home and thinking nothing could stop us. When we released it—iTunes and downloading music was still new—we went from selling 147,000 records to 34,000. It was a huge blow to our egos and a wake-up call. We made a very conscious decision to remember why we were making music in the first place. Of course, we had to learn to adapt to the rapidly changing industry, but that experience ultimately made our fan base stronger. Suddenly, there were people who were there from the beginning and those who were just discovering us through the internet.

2. Kuri44

I love this band

3. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

Coming home is the even if it kills me of NFG. Probably as a whole, not as strong as its predecessor but has some of the strongest, most meaningful stand alone tracks of their catalogue.

TJ Wells and marceting like this.
  4. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

Coming Home is NFG's best record #hottake

5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

New Found Glory Hole: Oral History

6. DannyZach

Trusted

The best September/October kinda record plus those Bonus tracks are killer

bobby_runs and Woohoo! like this.
  7. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

How’s this for a hot take:

Greatest pop punk band ever.

Saves The Day is second.

Do not @ me with anything containing the words green and day.

8. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

this is my hot take

My Friends Over You is the greatest pop punk song of all time

@ me I don't care

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  9. _unproductive

Regular

Saves the Day is at least still putting out decent records... NFG on the other handdddddddddddddddd

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It's not a hot take. It's the truth.

TJ Wells likes this.
  11. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Not Without A Fight is the only album I've listened to by NFG and truly enjoyed.

I don't know why.

@ me if you have any suggestions

carrytheweird likes this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

They've done a really good job at pretending Steve never existed

I know this sounds sarcastic but it's a good thing

13. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

Good read. Great year for NFG their new album is really good.

14. LJ Rime

Regular

I can respect that. Personally, I think it's their second best record. Their self-titled is still their best. But Coming Home is really freaking good and the backlash that album endured from the fanbase upon release was unjustified.

15. gbuffers

England.

My only ‘favourite band’ I’ve ever had.

I thought this was literally oral at first - I’d love for their to be a podcast in this vein where they talk to bands for an hour or so about their career and share stories. I guess NFG have more to talk about than most!

16. AutopilotYears

Regular

they have in the press, but their live show suffers pretty drastically for it. a lot of their songs need the second guitar and feel empty live these days without someone (obviously not him) filling that role. i'm always surprised that they don't just bring on a touring guitarist to fill out their live sound but i guess they don't want to.

either way, still love these guys.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  17. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Excuse you?!

Not Without A Fight -> Resurrection might be the band’s best run of albums. Sure, the new one kinda sucked but they were trying something new. Band has been very consistent even after dropping a member. Not to mention how fun their covers albums are.

Saves the Day hasn’t had a good album since In Reverie. After that, they became the Chris Conley and the no fucks given band. His acoustic stuff is the only thing remotely pulling since then.

18. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I would say check out Resurrection. Radiosurgery is a great and fun album, but it’s sandwiched in between two albums that are more similar than that one is to either.

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  19. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Not Without A Fight was bad, and Resurrection was garbage.

20. Resurrection is an awful record. It's the proverbial sphincter of their entire career

21. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

You guys are nuts. And wrong.

22. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Resurrection may be their worst record, I'll agree with that.

but NWAF may be my second fav behing s/t so maybe i should shut up

23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Resurrection has a few good tracks, but mostly sucks. NWAF is pretty good.

24. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I can't believe the hate on Resurrection. Nor could I believe people think the new album is better than that. The Worst Person, Stories Of A Different Kind, Angel and Stubborn are some really fun tracks and feel right up to par with some of my favorites of theirs.

25. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Worst Person is just an awful song. "we knew you were doing these bad things and never said anything but now that everyone knows let's write a song to high road ourselves depsite being complicit"