Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Run for Cover Records’ Cyber Monday Sale

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

All of Run for Cover Records’ albums are up on Bandcamp for a “pay what you want” price until tomorrow.

2. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

Love sales like this to introduce me to new bands. I've apparently been sleeping on Citizen, and they are now about to have all of my money.

CMilliken likes this.
  3. CMilliken

Trusted

Love this sale. Found several bands I now buy releases from regularly because of these RFC sales.

That being said is there anything they’ve released this year from RFC that is a must listen? I’ve got all their “bigger” releases.

Buscemi knows best likes this.
  4. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Yeah, I need recommendations. Not too familiar with anything here other than Man Overboard, Captain We're Sinking and Tigers Jaw. Been meaning to get around to Vinnie's solo release too. Thanks RFC!

SamLevi11 likes this.
  5. SamLevi11 Nov 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 27, 2017)
    SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Everyone should check out the following releases this label has put out this year:

Camp Cope - S/T (emo)
    Australian emo three piece, with an incredible bassist, heart felt lyrics and Georgia Maq is a star in the making.

Citizen - As You Please (Grungey post-hardcore).
    If you like this, immediately get Youth, their debut. It's a modern scene classic.

Turnover - Good Nature (Indie rock, emo)
    More laid back than previously releases but there is some great melodies and Bonnie is one of the best songs of the year. If you like it, check Peripheral Vision, an amazing album.

I'd say the label's best releases full stop are are:
    Basement - I Wish I Could Stay Here (Emo/Post-Hardcore)
    Citizen - Youth (Grunge/Post-Hardcore)
    Modern Baseball - You're Gonna Miss It All (Emo/Indie)
    Seahaven - Winter Forever (Emo/Post-Hardecore)
    Superheaven - Jar (Grunge)
    Tigers Jaw - Charmer (Emo)
    Turnover - Peripheral Vision (Emo/Shoe Gaze)

6. Buscemi knows best

You're doing the Lord's work.

7. Buscemi knows best

Same. And love RFC for having most releases on vinyl so if I like what I hear, boom.

CMilliken likes this.
  8. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Everyone should grab that Walter Schreifels record. He’s amazing. His Walking Concert album is one of my favorites.

9. jackludwick

Jack

recommendations:

Citizen - As You Please & Everybody is Going to Heaven
    Turnover - Good Nature
    Elvis Depressedly - New Alhambra
    Pity Sex - White Hot Moon
    Field Medic - Songs from the Sunroom
    Creative Adult - Fear of Life
    Petal - Shame
    Adventures - Supersonic Home
    Cloakroom - Further Out

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  10. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

Field Medic! He released a TON of music over the past few years and RFC put out a small collection of it. It's great, but if you like it, definitely check out his other work. They left some real gems off the RFC collection.

jackludwick and CMilliken like this.
  11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

12. CMilliken

Trusted

Exactly. Bought Youth immediately on vinyl after this same sale awhile back and have purchased every Citizen album since. Really great marketing idea.