Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portugal. The Man Perform on Corden

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Hmm, I figured they would've performed their new single, since "Feel" is beginning its decline down the charts.

skurt likes this.
  3. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Atlantic might be thinking it will bounce back up with this and the AMAS performance? I agree they should start pushing Live In The Moment and these opportunities.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  4. The song is definitely out of steam to be able to hit a new peak of popularity/airplay, but yes, they could at least try to sustain the song's presence for a little while longer. It'll be interesting to see whether Portugal's fate ends up like Twenty One Pilots (multiple huge hits in a row) or Walk the Moon (essentially a one-hit wonder).

skurt likes this.
  5. skurt

I hope twenty one pilots route, Live In The Moment has the potential to be huge like Feel.

6. Agreed -- I think "Moment" is an event better song/single. Time will tell.

7. Heymonday

I don't think Walk the Moon is a one hit wonder. I don't they will ever have a hit as big again but they will sustain a good career. It's the same with Portugal the Man. There career is good and will be successful but they won't ever get huge radio play again. That's not who they are.

8. One hit wonders can still sustain careers. But so far, it seems like Walk the Moon will only have that one hit song. As for Portugal, we don't know yet. They surely aren't looking for hits -- they've already proven a sustained career over the past decade -- but I'd love to see them have some more.

9. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Great performance.

10. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Sounding really good. Im happy theyre getting commercial success without (imo) straying too far from what drew me to them years ago.

11. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Ha absolutely not. These dudes are on another level. Not to mention this is their fucking 8th studio album and they have a near flawless discography. They have a double album they shelved because they refuse to release music that isn't quality. Long live Portugal. The Man!

Edit: I meant they won't be a Walk the Moon and will continue to release great tunes. I would be stoked to see Live in the Moment be their next big single or Tidal Wave from this record.

skurt likes this.
  12. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

The album is full of potential hits but as soon as I gave it the 1st full listen I thought Live In The Moment, Rich Friends and Tidal Waves would be the ones to have commercial success. My favorite song on the album is probably So Young but I don't see that one being a top 40, playing everywhere, type song.

skurt likes this.
  13. skurt

I love So Young. Only songs that I'm not in love with really are Number One and Mr.Lonely.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  14. hahah I think you missed the context of my post completely. I was exclusively referring to mainstream hits. I thoroughly believe Portugal's here for the long run.

skurt likes this.
  15. skurt

Live In The Moment could be a mainstream hit if they don't take too long to start really pushing it that way.

16. skurt

Saw this comment on the AMAS performance video and got a bit of laugh out of it.

"This singer seems Mario Bros...But his SONG is Great!!!"

17. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I can't watch it at work, but if anyone could tell me if the crowd guy still makes the audience clap and scream at the most random moments, that'd be great.

18. That's exactly the point I was making in my very first comment in this thread :crylaugh: Here's hoping!

skurt likes this.
  19. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Daamnnn, Mr. Lonely was one of my favourite.

skurt likes this.
  20. skurt

It's just not striking me the way the rest is, it's still a solid song don't get me wrong.

21. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah, just goes to show how solid the album as a whole is!

skurt likes this.
  22. skurt

I love every PTM album, each is so different but so PTM.

Ska Senanake and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  23. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I did at first like a dingus then made my edit but no i got you! I guess my edit didn't reflect like i hoped it would. I think they will have another song off this album chart. Honestly i think it will be Live in the Moment. I love that song.

24. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Probably my least favorite on the album tbh. I just cant get around the rapping on it. Not that its bad but it throws me off a bit.

25. Mr. Serotonin

Truee, I like that part.