Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MoviePass Launches Annual Subscription Plan

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

MoviePass have launched a one year subscription plan for $89.95. Deadline reports:

For a limited time, MoviePass is offering a one-year subscription plan for a flat fee of $89.95, which translates to $7.50 a month (that price already includes a $6.55 processing fee). That price is under this year’s 3Q average movie ticket, which the National Association of Theater Owners pegged at $8.93.

2. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I have the monthly $9.99 plan, but this is appealing. I’ve heard that some card members who use the service a lot (10+ movies per month) get “randomly chosen” for a more expensive plan. I’d imagine this yearly plan is locked in.

3. CyberInferno Nov 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 21, 2017)
    CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

This is a crazy good deal. No blackout dates. The only caveat (assuming your theaters support it) is no 3D movies, right? Can you pay a surplus to see 3D movies?

EDIT: Nevermind, they cover that in the FAQ, and the answer is "no." So only 2D movies, no 3D or IMAX. Still a great deal.