Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Live in Camden, New Jersey (2004)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

A full pro-shot concert of Blink-182 playing in Camden, New Jersey has been uploaded to YouTube. I still think this stretch is one of the best the band sounded live. Mark, specifically, sounds great.

2. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I still think they never figured out how to do Feelin This live. One of my favorite Blink songs, but it always sounds awful live. This was a great stretch, otherwise, though.

The Format likes this.
  3. CheapPop

Regular

This was my first Blink show. I was 12 years old and went with my dad, who is also a huge blink fan. Crazy that someone uploaded this!

4. Turkeylegz

Trusted

That was a fun watch. Dumb question, did they cut the banter in the video or did blink not do that much in 2004?

5. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

towards the end, very little banter. i remember a big complaint of that final UK tour being that they played through the set way too fast, even for their standards

Turkeylegz likes this.
  6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i enjoyed that but yeah, you gotta sense the tension a bit here. They're super tight and professional, but the silly joy seems gone here

7. CheapPop

Regular

Yeah, one thing I remember throughout this show was how they were just blowing through songs. We thought it was out or the ordinary but didn't think anything of it. When the band imploded later on it all made sense though.

electro haikus likes this.
  8. oneeightytwo

Regular

They played super fast, with only Mark doing the talking. Obviously, self explanatory now as I attended the show where they had the fall out before.

electro haikus likes this.
  9. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Perhaps that I was too young to notice how bad Tom sounded at the time, but I don't think that was good at all.

10. adleon18

This is gold!!! It brought back so many memories. I think Violence sounds amazing here (in Blink live standards of course) and Travis is a BEAST!!!

11. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Definitely my favourite era of blink, all three of them definitely brought their A game (Travis especially is killing it here). Damn I would have killed/still would for an album of this quality again.

12. contentloser

Easily the best era of this band. Still upset I️ didn’t get to go to this tour

13. The Format

Regular

Travis is Crazy. Songs are way faster live.

Was this when they were touring with No Doubt?

14. The Format

Regular

Remember when they played on letterman it was a disaster?

15. jorbjorb

7 rings

Back when Tom cared about sounding good.

16. theredline

Trusted Supporter

No date in this post had me expecting a recent show. Didn’t expect Tom! And it being 13 years old! Wow!!

17. theredline

Trusted Supporter

And Mark wearing the Blink 182 T...isn’t that a no no?!?!

18. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

He still does to this day haha.

[​IMG]

19. ARo24

Regular

This reminds me how obsessed I was with them during this time haha. I could probably scrape an Atticus tee or pair of Macbeth’s up still. Cool video thanks for posting this.

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Tom definitely wanted to be there.

21. aniafc

Trusted

Yeah it's too bad that no one in this video can really sing that good in 2017 haha

22. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Holy shit, that ending. :teethsmile:

The Format likes this.
  23. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Didn't watch this video yet, but I personally think that Blink's vocals, instruments, and overall performance was at its absolute peak for the TOYPAJ era, pre self-titled (right around this video's time so I agree with Jason). Which is odd because TOYPAJ wasn't my first, second, or even third favorite of theirs. These were also the times I feel that Mark could actually carry a note longer than a second or two. So I can't wait to actually watch this one in full.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  24. AgainstMe182

I was writing that it wasn’t that bad! But then the ending...lol

The Format likes this.
  25. kiguel182

Regular

I have always loved this performance lol