Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lil Peep Passes Away

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Lil Peep has passed away. He was 21. Billboard reports:

Lil Peep, an emerging singer, rapper and YouTube star whose debut full-length album dropped in recent months, has died. The Long Beach, New York-raised emo/hip-hop artist (real name Gustav Åhr) was just 21 years of age. Reasons for his passing have not been revealed, though British broadsheet The Guardian cites a suspected overdose.

2. SmithBerryCrunch Nov 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 16, 2017)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely an overdose. There's a few Instagram videos of him taking drugs that night and also a video that shows him all blue/gray colored sitting on a couch, presumably dead.

3. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

This is so sad. Same age as my brother. kills me to think about it.

4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

A close friend of his tweeted it was a heroin/fentanyl overdose, I guess.

Dust Of Fallen Rome likes this.
  5. This is so fucked. RIP.

6. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

RIP dude!! Damn :(

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

so sad, I wasn't a fan of his music but hate to see anyone go this early. He had a bright future ahead of him in music, even if it wasn't for me.

8. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

This is fucking heartbreaking. RIP to you dude, you were amazing and your music will live on.

GOTHBOICLIQUE 4 EVER.

tyramail likes this.
  9. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

His girlfriend’s posts are so heartbreaking.

10. lina555

Regular

This news is horrible. RIP

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That's absolutely horrifying. The whole thing is incredibly sad but putting a video of his dead body on instagram??

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

It was his brother that took the vid. He thought he was sleeping when he posted it. Deleted it soon after but everyone had screen capped it already.

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Uuuuuugh that's so terrible. I hope he has lots of people to support him after that.

14. oneeightytwo

Regular

RIP.

Hadn’t head of him before this, but I’m enjoying his music.

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Total bummer. Diving into his discography today. Definitely had talent and definitely had his demons.

There are a lot of rumors that he was given fake Xanax laced with fentanyl, which would be so horrible.

16. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

His music is amazing. Come Over When You're Sober is one of my AOTYs for sure and "The Brightside" has been the soundtrack to my process of better self-love and self-care.

I also love his song "Witchblades" with Lil Tracy - check that out if you haven't already.

OhTheWater likes this.
  17. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I do not think it is appropriate to post that video here. Out of respect and also because it could be triggering.

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Had never heard of him before today, but listened to a couple songs and I'm definitely interested. Anyone got any other similar artists to this type or music? Are there other artists that could be classified as "emo-rap"?

19. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Nothing.Nowhere does the same thing and is signed to Equal Vision. I prefer Peep but N.N is pretty good too. Also Lil Tracy, who was part of Peep's GothBoiClique crew (and is also the son of Shabazz Palaces/Digable Planets' Ishmael Butler), has some good stuff too, but still not quite at Lil Peep's level. Sadly the master of emo rap is no more and that sucks because I feel like he owned this style.

To be honest though a lot of contemporary rap - Yung Lean, $uicideBoy$, even some of Travis Scott's stuff - has an emo bend to it as well.

SmithBerryCrunch and Aaron Mook like this.
  20. Yung Lean's new album is actually pretty good. Been listening to it a lot this past week.

Arry likes this.
  21. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Wicca Phase (Adam ex-Tigers Jaw)

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  22. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

In addition to the others mentioned, try Omen XIII and Lil Lotus. Omen XIII has a much more varied sound; check out his newest release Grim. Lil Lotus Has a really good EP called Bodybag that you should check out. If you want something a little darker/edgier/heavier theres Ghostemane who has collab’d with Lil Peep, Wicca Phase, and Omen XIII multiple times.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  23. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Of course! Right after they drew a dick and balls on his face. Its 2017. We are so progressive these days. Smh

24. Eml182

Regular

Uhh, Xanax is not exactly safe or normal. This comment sums up lack of education.

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wait, what?

Mr. Serotonin and tyramail like this.