Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dashboard Confessional Detail New Album; Stream New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Dashboard Confessional will release their new album, Crooked Shadows, on February 9th via Fueled by Ramen. Today they’ve debuted the new song “We Fight.” The album’s track listing and album cover can be found below.

Track Listing

1. We Fight
    2. Catch You
    3. About Us
    4. Heart Beat Here
    5. Belong
    6. Crooked Shadows
    7. Open My Eyes”
    8. Be Alright
    9. Just What To Say

[​IMG]

2. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Song is really cool.

Love the album artwork as well. Seems like they could be quite a good fit on FBR.

jlinitz likes this.
  3. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

They also signed to Dine Alone Records for this release in Canada.

SuNDaYSTaR and TedSchmosby like this.
  4. This is good.

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Dang. Only 9 tracks? Didn’t they write 40 songs? Now I’m wondering if a track will be 3 or 4 mini songs in one.

The two new songs are very good.

6. Saephon

Regular

I haven't listened to DC since The Shade of Poison Trees, but this is pretty enjoyable.

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Grear album cover. I really like the song. That prechorus is killer. Maybe a bit too much kick drum for my tastes, but still so good.

Also it’s really cool to see people in the comments just discovering them now that they’re on Fueled by Ramen. I think Dashboard’s fanbase kind of grew up with them since A Mark... so it’s really neat that they could get a young following again.

8. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

That's the best Dashboard Confessional song I've heard in a long time. Fingers crossed that the entire album is this quality.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  9. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Actually dig this, it’s weird that half the bands different, but I dig this

10. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Song's already stuck in my head.

11. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

9 songs? And we've been waiting almost 9 years for a proper follow up to Alter The Ending? I'll take it but give me a deluxe version of this...

12. schackbr

Regular

Songs pretty dope. Could get into this.

13. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Reminds me of Damien Rice’s comeback.

14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Absolutely love this. So stoked to have new music from them. Fueled by Ramen will be a great fit.

15. failinginplace

Regular

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  16. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Holy shit, I am so excited! I have been waiting patiently for something new from them.

17. Excal101

Saw them play the Pony w/TEB and steal the show when they came back from the dead. Its been quiet since. This is some intense shit and I'm excited.

18. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Awesome!

19. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

I really like Chris' voice on this. I was a bit worried after Twin Forks (even though the album was still good), but he's still got it.

20. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I really dig this! Only 9 songs though? Feels like they’ve been writing forever. Hopefully all killer and no filler.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  21. jorbjorb

7 rings

I was really surprised by this. It’s good.

22. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

This was really good, kinda like this direction for the band and when Chris lets his vocals get a little aggressive. In addition to this, "Heart Beat Here" is a great song. I can't wait to hear what the finished recording sounds like.

23. thebencarter

This sounds fantastic, love the production.

Only 9 songs tho?

24. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

The verses sound like they would fit on Penny Black.

JamesMichael likes this.
  25. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Honestly... only nine songs excites me. I think this album has a good chance of being a front to back banger.

thebencarter likes this.