Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy – “Hold Me Tight or Don’t”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

They need to hang it up, the magic is just plain gone...

Brent likes this.
  3. I like it.

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Hmmm. Not terrible and will need to listen more. Underwhelming chorus though. Was waiting for a huge chorus to come in. Last of the Real Ones is my favorite so far.

Mr. Serotonin and Turkeylegz like this.
  5. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

6. KidLightning and nl5011 like this.
  7. Video:

8. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I feel we agree on most things, but this bands trajectory isn’t one of them...

Brent likes this.
  9. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Ooh another banger. I know people have been on the fence about these new songs but this album is gonna be killer.

10. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Only say what I think.

KidLightning likes this.
  11. Ellite25

Regular

I’ve really enjoyed all their albums despite some of the recent criticism.

This might be the album where they lose me though.

12. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

The video isn’t half bad though, I just feel they can write better music then this.

13. It reminds me of “Young Volcanos.” This is in my wheelhouse. Fun and completely enjoyable.

14. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

That’s exactly what I hear and that’s my issue. It’s like they’re stuck in this sound they’ve made the past few albums and can’t progress. Dare I say FOB is the American version of Nickelback? I just cringed typing that...

palebluedot and skurt like this.
  15. I cringed reading it. And disagree completely.

16. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

That's a tad harsh. They can't be nickleback because there good.

17. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Where is the difference? It all sounds the same. They use to have a pretty good dynamic from record to record before the hiatus. They’ve been in the same formula since the return.

18. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

What I mean by the Nickelback reference is to make the same sounding album over and over, and make a career out of it...

19. I think there’s a wide range between the three albums. “Young Volcanos” and this don’t sound anything like “Y&M” or “Fourth of July” or “Valley” ... dunno what to tell you.

laraheart likes this.
  20. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

The only song from MANIA that reminds me of AB/AP is Young & Menace, still not sure how I feel about that song.

21. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

This was a lot of fun. I think this record is gonna be a blast.

22. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Sounds like a 2017 pop song.

Willl prob be massive. Can’t wait for ESPN to put it on every NBA and College Football promo. Lol

thenewtypetheory, Saephon and skurt like this.
  23. DillonHigh

Not sure how we can rep this band after the whole Brand New debacle. The dude dated a 15 yr old when he was 23. It seems like we're picking and choosing who to represent here

24. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Not that he never had his warts or anything, but Pete's lyrics have been right in the shithouse for going on 3 albums now. Christ I hate this.

Matt504 likes this.