Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Don Broco Release Statement

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Don Broco have released a statement regarding allegations made against one of their band members:

We have recently landed in the US and have been made aware of the allegations that have been made on social media today against one of the band members. We take the allegations seriously and will be responding shortly.

2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

A statement that they are going to release a statement. Maybe this is the cynic in me but this just screams impending cover-up

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

if they had waited a few days to put a statement together people would accuse them for not answering soon enough

i'm honestly fine of this, it shows they're at least acknowledging and not ignoring it, but still taking time to put together something.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

More than Brand New did.

5. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Anyone know who the allegations are against?

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the tweet says rob

7. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Damn.

It’s really disheartening to see these keep popping up, but fuck I’m glad they are for the victim’s sake and to weed these people out of the scene. I’m glad we’re making it easier for people to come forward with their stories. I’m glad that the most recent stories coming forward have received mostly positive feedback. There are always going to be those idiots claiming “false accusations are so common” but at least most people are either shutting them down or being supportive.

8. aniafc

Trusted

New statement from them:

9. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Does anyone have the original allegation saved somewhere?

10. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Feels off when the original post was worded as "we", and then the follow-up is first person from the accused. It definitely ensures that when it all sorts out and the accused needs to go, the rest of the band doesn't have a leg to stand on either.

11. austingordon

your local curmudgeon

Ugh god damnit, I just found this band fairly recently too. Fuck

12. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I get what you’re saying, but the second statement was specifically signed “Rob”. I totally agree about that last part too.

13. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Oh for sure, I realize it was signed to be clear who it came from. But when you establish that the social media account is to represent you as a group, and then you use it to speak as an individual, in short succession especially, it projects the idea that at least everyone in the band agrees or stands by what is being posted, even if it is meant to come specifically from one member. Hard to walk it back later if they accept the accusations about him and decide he's out.

tyramail likes this.
  14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

JM95 likes this.