Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mike Fuentes Accused of Sexual Misconduct With a 16 Year Old Fan

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The stories of inappropriate conduct between musicians and young fans continue to come out. The latest accusation involves Mike Fuentes from Pierce the Veil and a 16 year old fan. The link includes some blurred out nude photos, so you may not want to click on it at work.

2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Just....wow. :redanger:

3. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Their fans are so passionate and it makes me sick that they would exploit that.

I hope they take swift action, but with it being the singer's brother they may not.

4. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

As tragic and disheartening as this ridiculous influx of accusations is, silver lining is it's apparently inspiring more women to speak out. So huzzah for that, I guess.

It's to the point where, if hypothetically someone were to start a pool on which scene band is gonna face accusations next, I feel like there's no bet that wouldn't pay out.

5. We might be on our way to the entire scene collapsing in on itself.

Celebrity culture needs to die. I don't foresee that being possible, but if only, if only. Too many men are abusing the power they have; and while even ONE man would be "too many men," the number is going to keep rising.

6. Analog Drummer

Regular

I reckon all scenes would. I can only shudder to think of the rap scenes and DJ culture. They prob make 80s hair metal era look tame

Agree with celebrity culture worship

BEsterley and Chase Tremaine like this.
  7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

:teethsmile:

Aaron Mook and skogsraet like this.
  8. jorbjorb

7 rings

Horrible person, horrible band. Hopefully they go away for good.

9. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I met pierce th veil numerous times when I was like 15-17 and I always remember feeling weirded out by mike, where all the other members seemed just better? I don’t really have a real reason why, just vibes put off maybe. This was also like 10+ years ago but it creeps me out remembering feeling uncomfortable around him for some reason or another when I was that young.

10. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Good to see people finally speaking out. it sucks that it took this long but the amount of coverage and attention these stories have been getting over the past few months, I think it will finally lead to a big change in the way celebrities interact with the fans who worship them.

11. A side note: it's not helpful to compare genres in this way. This is a human problem and it happens across the map, it's not specifically a rock or rap problem. I'm saying the following under the assumption you had good intentions, but: the implication that the problem must be larger for rap than metal (hair or otherwise) carries huge racist undertones and simply isn't true.

12. Analog Drummer

Regular

The rap scene of most familiar with is of the same racial background as I am as whole. So not exactly sure if I was carrying racial undertones. More to do with the lyrical content of the music and insta lifestyle and not of background, but yeah sure try get some points by making it a race issue

13. Unclear what you were trying to tell me with the first half of your statement, so I'll address the second half: If you choose to construe someone trying to let you know how a certain comment appears in the context of the current musical climate as them trying to "get some points by making it a race issue" then I really can't stop you.

But I can tell you this: you don't have to look past rock music to find some truly heinous lyrical and lifestyle content.

Aaron Mook, fenway89 and skogsraet like this.
  14. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

"getting points" wtf??

fenway89 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  15. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

She's from Ireland so... I don't think she gets it.

fame likes this.
  16. rebecca

Regular

First of all, of course this is absolutely disgusting and I sympathize with the victim, especially as someone who was also abused by older men as a teenager (although none were famous).

I really hope people stop saying shit like "my favorite musician is a nice guy and would NEVER do this, I don't believe the victim." Just because you like someone's art doesn't mean you know what kind of person they are. Even people you know can be abusive without you realizing it. Someone flat out told me they believed someone who assaulted me was a "good person who would never hurt anyone on purpose" when I told him every detail of what happened - this was someone who knew him well. But seriously, while it's okay to admire someone for their art, that admiration should end the second a victim comes forward, and having idols you believe are infallible is incredibly naive. I don't blame the teenagers who worship them though, they're young, of course they'll be naive and I feel sorry that their idols turn out to be people who prey on people like them.

Also, gotta add: the worst people are the ones who believe the victim - and say Mike or [insert musician here] did nothing wrong. I did twitter searches on Jesse Lacey and Mike Fuentes and saw a lot of "it was consensual, teenagers know what they're doing."

Aaron Mook, fenway89 and therookielot like this.
  17. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

Calling it now, this will be the end of PTV.

18. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Shitttttt I listened to PTV and A seperate jonny Craig song today and I literally thought “I’m surprised no one came forward about these dudes, they seem scummy enough”

Sure enough. I manifested this like The Secret. Tha fuck kinda special power is this? Like a clairvoyant for pedophiles. I feel dirty.

19. I lost a lot of friends when I told people what my abuser (who was in a touring band at the time - isn't now, but some of my former friends still are) did. One came back with that quote almost verbatim - "I still think he's a good person." To my face.

So... yes. I hope that too.

20. LukeColdBlue

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing",

I never post on this forum these days, but I felt the need to speak out and confirm that this piece of human garbage has definitely preyed on other underage women. Fuck him and his band.

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I've never met Mike, but Tony used to be my girlfriend's client. I got to meet him a few times through her. My gf always had nothing but great things to say about him and his gf. I hope he wasn't involved in anything like this. Like many, she's completely disgusted. It will be interesting to see what happens.

22. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I'm glad this came to light on Mike but I've also heard whispers of creepy predatory stuff that Vic has done too... maybe that will come to light sooner rather than later.

As always though, fuck this asshole.

23. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

PTV's tour manager got me drunk once, and by got me drunk once I mean he kept bringing the girl I was with drinks and she kept giving them to me since she was uncomfortable with the situation.

24. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

yep, there have been rumors around this guy for a while. gross gross gross.

25. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

The fb post for this has revealed a lot of sexist tools who don’t have much reading comprehension.