Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift’s ‘Reputation’ Sold 700,000 on First Day in U.S.

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Billboard:

Taylor Swift’s Reputation is off to a red-hot start. The album sold around 700,000 copies in the U.S. on its first day of release, according to initial sales reports to Nielsen Music.

The set was released at 12 a.m. ET on Nov. 10, through Big Machine Records. Its first day sales figure could grow larger, after all of Nielsen’s retail reporters have submitted their sales for the day.

Hmm, that seems good.

2. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Wow, that's insane. I was disappointed to see that "Complete My Album" was not an available option in iTunes despite buying the four previously released tracks (all the other tracks were "Album Only"). You're forced to purchase the whole thing for $13.99. Mixed with not having it available on any streaming services.

awakeohsleeper and Turkeylegz like this.
  3. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

SHES GOING FULL ADELE.

4. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I didn’t know about the iTunes thing. What a bummer. But I heard it’ll be available on streaming services in 2 weeks

5. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Not on amazon so I couldn't buy it which is disappointing. Surprised it sold so well with it not being everywhere.

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Future's gonna be on another album that went platinum in a week, nice

Contender likes this.
  7. CheapPop

Regular

So this gonna end up beating Adeles record, right? That's a lot for 1 day.

8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I think Adele actually sold more first day

CheapPop likes this.
  9. Spenny

Regular

Great to see. Album is fantastic.

10. 25 sold twice as much on day 1

CheapPop likes this.
  11. ZeoVGM

Regular

About halfway through but enjoying it overall.