Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Woman Accuses Jesse Lacey of Soliciting Nude Photos From Her at 15

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Last night Brian Keith Diaz, who was in the Long Island band The Reunion Show and guitar tech for Fall Out Boy and a variety of other bands, called out on his Twitter and Facebook feed asking:

So while we are on the topic of outing famous and semi-famous creeps, anyone want to speak up about Jesse Lacey from Brand New?

At that point a woman alleged that when she was fifteen Jesse Lacey solicited nude photos from her, stating:

He solicited nudes from me starting when I was 15 and he was 24. Manipulated the hell out of me, demanded specific poses/settings/clothing, demeaned me, and made it clear that my sexuality was the only thing I had to offer. He knew what he was doing was shitty so he wouldn’t touch me until I was 19. I should’ve known better by then, but he had screwed me up so much psychologically that all I wanted was his approval. It fucked me up to the point that I STILL have nightmares and wakeup in a sweat. I still breakdown and have panic attacks when people play Brand New in a bar.

And:

Oh and yes he made me watch him masturbate on Skype. Apparently that’s a common thing with sexual predators. I took screen shots at some point, they’re probably on a computer in my basement if I ever really wanted to rehash my past that much (I don’t think I do).

I’ve reached out for comment from the band and management, but so far have not heard anything back.

2. Tata Toothy

Regular

I like how she tells a huge chunk of the story. Then later on she says she has photos if she ever wants rehash the story. Why not just post the photos of you have them? Seeing as she just rehashed the whole story.

Now everyone can just sit and question. Hopefully it’s not true.

3. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Fuck

Turkeylegz likes this.
  4. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Maybe don't try to tell a vicitim how they should or shouldn't address their abuser's actions

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

This is awful, disappointing, and sadly unsurprising

6. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

She doesn't have to post the photos to be believed honestly. Like its her choice if she wants to do that or not, its not on us to dictate what she does and how she handles this.

airik625, beachdude42, Mary V and 7 others like this.
  7. razorburn

Trusted

Wow.

fenway89 likes this.
  8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I’m so angry. Stop being fucking creeps. Stop doing this shit.

And seriously, stop blaming the victims.

airik625, cubsml34, MFA and 23 others like this.
  9. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Wow it only took 1 comment for this thread to become terrible

10. Tata Toothy

Regular

For asking a question? those are strong accusations. If you have proof why not put it out there? She has no problem putting the story on the internet for millions to read. It’s not like she made these comments in private.

Jesse has been brought up the past for things like this. It’s Is sad and hopefully not true he’s a huge influence and this would be heart breaking. Also ifs it’s true he deserves to be exposed. But then again Louis C.K. seemed like a cool dude too.

11. duritzfan13

all we have is time

A reminder: just because you instinctually don’t want to believe it when it’s someone you look up to doesn’t mean you shouldn’t believe the accuser as the story unfolds.

I’m expecting a lot of this in this thread so please remember that not wanting to believe something is irrelevant to reality /:

12. Fucking Dustin

How do you think it would make a victim feel to look at pictures of their sexual harasser/abuser harassing/abusing them?

13. Fucking Dustin

“Why doesn’t she further traumatize herself so I believe her?” Fuck outta here

14. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

The same shit keeps playing out in every thread for these kinds of news posts. Take a shot every time someone says some variation of “I was just asking a question”

15. Fucking Dustin

I try to be open minded towards people asking questions and wanting to know how to better handle sensitive topics but that’s too much

Rob Hughes, beachdude42, lish and 4 others like this.
  16. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I'm sick about this. When life sucks, when people suck and when it just seems like everything's shitty in general, Brand New was always one of those bands I'd turn to briefly escape it. It's sad knowing that space has been tainted. I never knew any of this, and I wish I had sooner.

17. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Agreed. It takes courage to even say anything in the first place. It's disgusting.

18. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

So we are in the era of blindly believing any allegation from anyone 'cause it's 2017? 'Cause all the mighty are falling. Forgive me for my inflammatory tone but I truly want to know how this works. Cause I thought proof used to be needed when people broke the law. Jesse is my hero and it sucks to hear this if it's true (or not). And I think it's reasonable to have some evidence before we call him a predator and dismiss him forever and cancel his finished movie and fire him from Netflix.

The storm is coming.
    The storm is coming in...

19. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

That’s usually my first instinct too but I think as a society, we’re really past that point. It’s just too easy to educate yourself about how to handle these topics and people making the same stupid comments don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore imo. Fucking google it. Lmao. It’s not hard. It’s actually a lot easier than writing a dumbass comment.

20. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I feel like victim blaming within the first 5 minutes of the article being posted has broken some kind of record.

21. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I'm out the loop, has this been circulating a while about Jesse Lacey? The only rumors I have is that he banged Derek Lippman's (who used to play with Brand New) fiance and that's why they cancelled a European tour.

22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Fuck off with this shit.

23. Fucking Dustin

I agree with you on that. I’m just naive at times and want to help where I can

24. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

If your first response is, “I hope this isn’t true”, rather than “is the victim okay?”, then you’re a piece of shit.

25. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Look, I've said this in other threads. Brand New saved my life. Jesse's lyrics on TDAG came at me when I was first struggling with heavy massive depression. I am who I am because of this band. But I am not going to sit here and not believe the accuser. False accusations are so rare they are almost non existent. My personal attachement to this band be damned. If he did this, and I'm going to believe he did, then he should be held accountable and should not be backed up by any one.

coleslawed, Amber, airik625 and 9 others like this.