Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rian Johnson to Create All-New Star Wars Trilogy

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Star Wars:

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

2. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Exciting stuff! Can't wait to finally see The Last Jedi.

kwilcox likes this.
  3. Say what.

4. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Star Wars fatigue is going to really kick in over the next few years.

5. Nah. I've been reading books and comic books and watching movies and TV shows for like 30 years. I want even more.

6. backbynewyears

Lies! Deception!

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  7. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I will die before the last Star Wars movie is made. And I am 1000% okay with that.

kwilcox, Mrplum5089 and fenway89 like this.
  8. They must be really confident in The Last Jedi then. Exciting.

9. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I never get Marvel fatigue and I’m not even a fan boy of that franchise. Total Star Wars fan boy, so I’m not even sorry if the rest of the world end up with Star Wars fatigue! Happy days.

kwilcox and fenway89 like this.
  10. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Its very cool if you are into Star Wars but so much of Hollywood these days is just reboots and remakes. I want to see some original ideas. I understand why they are doing this and the countless superhero and other remakes $$$$$ but I would like to see something original.

11. Did you see Blade Runner 2049 in theaters? Baby Driver? Dunkirk?

12. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I have not but I would like to. I am not totally opposed to these remakes but I'd prefer something original. Baby Driver is a remake?

fenway89 likes this.
  13. No, I'm saying those are three great, original, movies that were in theaters and people should have gone to see if they want more original movies to be made. Y'all gotta go see these movies when they come out if you want more of them!

14. Davjs

Trusted

More movies get made currently than ever before, both original and reboots/franchises. It's just a good time to be an entertainment fan, I don't understand complaints of fatigue or waiting _______ instead of ________. Anything you could want is out there in tv or movie form lol.

fenway89 likes this.
  15. Joel Gustafson

A glass can only spill what it contains

If it's not about the Porgs, then I'm not interested.

Mrplum5089, fenway89 and Aaron Mook like this.
  16. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Gotcha, I was confused because you threw blade runner in there. Baby Driver is high on my list. I also would like to see the movie you posted about earlier "All The Money In The World"

fenway89 likes this.
  17. Blade Runner is a sequel, but highly original. Great movie.

kwilcox, aoftbsten, fenway89 and 2 others like this.
  18. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I was actually not sure if it was a sequel or a remake so I'm glad you mentioned that. Added to the list.

fenway89 likes this.
  19. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Figured something like this would happen. There’s no way they were going to stop at this trilogy and stick with just spinoffs.

Stoked!

fenway89 and Chase Tremaine like this.
  20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Whoa!

Even more evidence that Lucasfilm is REALLY happy with TLJ.

I’m stoked for whatever it is.

kwilcox and fenway89 like this.
  21. PREACH

fenway89 and Davjs like this.
  22. Davjs

Trusted

I'd be ok with one Star Wars a year on Christmas for the rest of my life.

23. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Are there lots of reboots, remakes, sequels and adaptations out there? Hells yes there are, but there is sooo much original content made each year by both big studios and independent studios that I’ve never really felt like I wasn’t getting enough originality

coleslawed and Davjs like this.
  24. circasurviver

Trusted

I wonder if this was planned before work began on The Last Jedi. Or were they so impressed with how the film was turning out, they decided to give Johnson more.

kwilcox, Dodger and fenway89 like this.
  25. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Also, Disney just made their upcoming streaming service a must have by announcing a live action tv series for the platform. I probably would have subscribed anyway for access to old classic disney movies that are in “the vault” but now I won’t even think about it

circasurviver likes this.