Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Christopher Plummer to Replace Kevin Spacey in ‘All the Money in the World’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Hollywood Reporter:

In a monumental and expensive move, Ridley Scott will remove embattled actor Kevin Spacey from his finished thriller All the Money in the World just weeks before the film’s release.

Christopher Plummer will now play J. Paul Getty in the story about the infamous 1973 kidnapping of his grandson, 16-year-old John Paul Getty III.

The movie, which was pulled as the closing-night screening of AFI Fest at Scott’s insistence, is scheduled to hit theaters Dec. 22 via Sony’s TriStar. As of now, the release date remains unchanged despite the reshoots, but insiders say that if anyone can pull off reshoots and still make the holiday release date, it’s Scott.

Woah. I’ve never heard of anything like this.

2. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I'm shocked they would do this.

3. CMilliken

Trusted

I was honestly wondering what was gonna happen to the few things he had filmed and slated for a 2017 release. Was wondering what studios would do. This is kinda crazy to think about just weeks out from release.

supernovagirl and David Parke like this.
  5. I work in post production and this both excites and impressed me. Wow.

6. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

this is honestly crazy, but kudos to them if they can pull it off!

7. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

this is the most punk thing i've read in my life, godspeed to them