Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pianos Become the Teeth Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pianos Become the Teeth will be releasing their new album, Wait for Love, on February 16th. Today they’ve debuted the video for the new song “Charisma.” Pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. Fake Lightning
    2. Charisma
    3. Bitter Red
    4. Dry Spells
    5. Bay of Dreams
    6. Forever Sound
    7. Bloody Sweet
    8. Manila
    9. Love on Repeat
    10. Blue

[​IMG]

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  2. Oh my gosh yes what news what a day!!

fenway89 and carrytheweird like this.
  3. youngplanetary

perfect song. honestly this is the direction I was hoping they'd go after the last record.

coleslawed and fenway89 like this.
  4. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Really great track, and I loved the music video. Would've been a better timed release maybe 2 weeks ago! haha.

fenway89 likes this.
  5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

tis good.

fenway89 likes this.
  6. Hoo boy. This rules.

fenway89 likes this.
  7. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Enjoy the song, and definitely feels like a natural progression from Keep You. I wasn't sure what direction they would go after that pretty substantial change, and I'm sure I would have liked whatever they chose, but this feels like a brighter (musically not lyrically) and more melodic step forward. The opening vocals immediately establish your expectations for the song, and I suppose the album now.

fenway89 likes this.
  8. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

I'm so happy. FINALLY!!

fenway89 likes this.
  9. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Seeing them live tonight with mewithoutYou.

I know nothing about them or their sound. Will be interesting to see them play.

10. KyleK

Interesting to know what their setlist is like. Obviously mewithoutYou will be playing a lot of their heaviest material thanks to it being the album anniversary tour, so I'm curious if Pianos will play a lot of heavier material (either because it suits the mood or the time period being performed), or if they'll play a lot of the newer songs including ones from the upcoming album.

fenway89 likes this.
  11. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

About time. Cool video to boot. Curious to see how they follow up such a perfect album.

fenway89 likes this.
  12. zachmacD

Trusted

Dude. I saw these guys open for La Dispute and it was one of the best sets I've seen within this world of music. I honestly thought they blew La Dispute out of the water. You're in for a real treat

Speaking of La Dispute, whatever happened to them? It seemed like they were super popular then they dropped their newest album then disappeared.

fenway89 and Serenity Now like this.
  13. karcrashianpanache

hysterical and useless

Gives a similar vibe to the Dancing b-side from Keep You

fenway89 likes this.
  14. Chuck!

Regular

Can't wait, these guys are the best

fenway89 likes this.
  15. tshreve

Metalicca

I'm gonna be that guy: this is not the same band that I used to love

Jake Z likes this.
  16. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

AOTY

fenway89 likes this.
  17. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

I'm unable to catch a date this tour, but a friend who saw them last month said it was still mostly a Keep You set.

fenway89 likes this.
  18. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Interesting. Im a big la dispute fan so this take intrigues me. Guessing I'll show up in time to watch em now.

zachmacD and fenway89 like this.
  19. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Love this song, can't wait for the record.

fenway89 likes this.
  20. Jehn LeRoy

Its is mostly, and even the older tracks are sang in a little harsher tone, but not screamed.

fenway89 likes this.
  21. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I like it but it seemed very busy in the middle. I just felt like it was pleasant but I was having a hard time staying focused. So pumped we are getting a new one from them

fenway89 likes this.
  22. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

fenway89 likes this.
  23. MikeC18

Love this. Keep You is one of my favorite albums ever.

skurt likes this.
  24. zachmacD

Trusted

Mind you, they changed their sound after I saw them and there isn't screaming anymore but I'd check them out

This is from the show I was at if you have a few minutes

25. KyleK

I think that's a reasonable take. I love their old stuff, and loved Keep You, but for pretty different reasons. It was a very drastic change and I think it's fair that some fans just wouldn't get the same enjoyment from them if the qualities they liked so much are the ones they removed from their sound.

Jake Z likes this.