Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Speak The Truth Even If Your Voice Shakes – “Everyone You Love Will Slip Away From You”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Buddy's singing voice has really gone down the shitter.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Sounds like a cheery bunch.

jorbjorb likes this.
  4. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

This is my least favorite song of the four they've released thus far. You can check out the other on their YouTube page. My favorite thus far is the one they released last week, Drowning On The Sidewalk Or Dying Inside:

js977 likes this.
  5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure why you quoted me...?

6. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I'm referencing the title of the song. Have absolutely no interest in listening to this.

7. CyberInferno

So you could hear a different song since you commented on his singing voice.

8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Oh, gotcha. I've been listening to Buddy since the From The Depths of Dreams EP. He just can't sing like he used to (not that he was ever the greatest singer in the first place). The songs from Speak The Truth are pretty bad unfortunately. Was looking forward to them.

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. zachmacD Nov 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 10, 2017)
    zachmacD

Trusted

0/4. This is why I was happy when SF went heavy. I love SF but Buddy's singing voice is just not good anymore.

10. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I'm kind of let down so far. I love Senses Fail (Buddy is a fucking god and their last 2 albums have been incredible) and Finch (Say Hello To Sunshine is one of my favourite albums in the genre) but this just isn't cutting it for me. Maybe the full album will please me more

js977 and Bryan Diem like this.
  11. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Unfortunate and ironic that these lyrics read like something a high school band would try really hard to pen whilst trying to mimic Senses Fail.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  12. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

In todays news: band with one-liner name writes song titled “get this tattooed on your forearm near your arrow”

Edit: yikes, bummer lyrics alert.

TJ Wells likes this.
  13. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

In a dream world, I wish they could have gotten Shane from Silverstein to sing for this instead. He has only gotten better since 2003 and Buddy's singing/lyrics really haven't improved since Still Searching.

Actually in that dream world Finch would just still be together and making music because Nate is better than both.

tyramail likes this.
  14. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

As much as I do love Buddy, I’ve been loving Silverstein lately and would have to agree with this.

js977 likes this.
  15. CyberInferno

Interesting. I enjoy hearing his singing voice since the last two SF albums have been hardcore. I find those albums unlistenable (for my taste in music, Silverstein straddles the line of "too hardcore" for me), but I realize quite a few others enjoyed them. I'll be curious what the next SF album sounds like.
    I've been enjoying them personally, but I also didn't have super high expectations for this project in general. I wanted something that reminds me of old SF, and this hits that for me. This song is my least favorite of the ones released so far, but it's growing on me a bit.

16. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I was personally hoping maybe for something in the vein of Say Hello To Sunshine (I think Finch's other two albums are piss-weak at best) - dark and experimental but not overly aggressive.

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

We will always have Renacer and Bayonet... it’s a huge bummer Thorns was shit and now the new SF sounds even worse than this from all the studio clips posted.

zachmacD likes this.
  18. zachmacD

Trusted

I personally loved Thorns. I was in a pretty dark place for a while and that album helped pull me out of it. I agree about the new SF album though unless they really clean up the vocals. Buddy's singing on the Speak the truth stuff makes me feel like I'm cleaning my ears with an icepick

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

For me it wasn’t even the vocals, which are just as bad as you mentioned, but the lyrics in those clips alone were atrocious. I’m lowkey dreading the record lol

zachmacD likes this.
  20. zachmacD Nov 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2017)
    zachmacD

Trusted

I have to say that after some time with the speak the truth record, I’m actually really enjoying it now. My girlfriend and I have very little music in common but she likes senses fail so I threw it on in the car. After the initial abrasiveness of the vocals wore off, it’s definitely catchy and reminds me old sf. I’d give it a few listens if you have the time. My bad about the novel but this makes me a little more excited for the new SF record haha

js977 and CyberInferno like this.
  21. CyberInferno

I'm enjoying it too. "Lexapro" is the only song I don't like. And the last track is basically an outro rather than a real track, but it's not bad. So I wish there were a couple more songs on it, but I enjoy it for what it is.

zachmacD and js977 like this.
  22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

It reminds me of what I’d imagine a full/electric band version of In Your Absence would sound like and I️ dig it

zachmacD likes this.