Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Used – “Rise Up Lights” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. tobytobes

Regular

Warning - naked butts.

3. sukottokairu

Regular

i like the song, but that video didn't really compliment it very well, was rather uncomfortable to watch.

4. LightsOut

Regular

Worst song on the new album

Turkeylegz likes this.
  5. ZeoVGM

Regular

One of the best songs on the new album -- which is fantastic.

clockwise likes this.
  6. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

One of the worst songs, on the most unlistenable The Used album, and I actually dug these guys hard at one time lol

7. I haven’t tried to listen to this album yet. Mainly because of this song haha

8. Sybil

Regular

ahahaha, oh my, hahaha.....I couldnt stop laughing at this shit. The song is terrible...the video is hilariously bad, especially with the song.

At some point....it's like they tried to do the awesome looking Blade Runner 2049 Hologram-over-a-person effect but failed miserably at the idea.

9. ARo24

Regular

I like The Used but this song/ video is awful.

10. Ska Senanake

Trusted

LOL

11. It's bad.

12. Davjs

Trusted

It's a pretty good album

13. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

This song translates great live! It sounded better than "All That I've Got" at least at the Denver date.

14. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

The production/mixing is so bad, I get what they were trying to do but it doesn’t mix well when Bert doesn’t sound good raw. Damn I feel Justin needs to go back to saosin at this point.

Dead_Presley likes this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Cool music video.

I like this album.

Production reminds me of At The Drive-In mixed with some old school Adam Lazzara crazy vocals.

16. Hunter Norman

Regular

I wasn't sure after the opening track but this actually turned out to be a cool album. Not sure about this video though

IAmANightmare likes this.
  17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Worst video I've seen in a long time. I like the lead riff in the song and don't mind the production but any song with this many Nirvana references has to be garbage.

18. Dead_Presley

This is so. Damn. Bad. What happened to Bert..to not realize he’s making terrible songs, hope he’s making a living? I guess??

19. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Meh on the video. But I have to say I mostly enjoyed this album the two times I've listened to it. At the very least, it's not what I was expecting from this band after what they've been doing for a decade now.

20. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

If not for the production I'd probably love this album but I can't get passed it.

21. ZeoVGM

Regular

Not really seeing this issue with the production, to be honest. This isn't exactly that last Say Anything album in terms of production.

22. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Similar in the fact I couldn't make it through a full listen of either.

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

The only way I've been able to describe it is that it doesn't pack a punch like a well produced record. I'm not sure if that makes any sense.

skurt likes this.
  24. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

This new album is REALLY, REALLY good. I love it, and I'm a lukewarm fan of the Used.