Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Speak the Truth – “Drowning on the Sidewalk or Dying Inside”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. I love Senses Fail, but I've never liked Finch and I think that's why I really can't seem to give a shit about this side project.

3. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I’ve really dug the 3 songs they’ve released so far. I wonder if the rest of the album holds up?

4. xenoabe

Regular

That is elite level emo right there.

5. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

It's got to be someone's job to keep emo elite.

youwontknow likes this.
  6. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I don’t personally think it *sounds* like Finch, or really Senses Fail for that matter. It’s almost like the things you love about both Finch and Senses Fail’s early music are lost within this. I think I just expected the outcome to be different, almost angstier sounding, considering the artists behind it.

7. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I'm a fan.

js977 likes this.
  8. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I'm digging the new tracks. Nice to hear non-hardcore Buddy again. Looking forward to the album.

kwilcox and js977 like this.
  9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I don't hate it. The chorus is catchy enough I guess. SF used to be my favorite band but I think I'm starting to grow tired of Buddy's voice.

Also, it really bugs me how the song gets way quieter at about :10 after the first little intro vocals.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh man... this is just not good. Guess it’s time to just accept I’m over this type of sound? I love Senses Fail and Finch but this is 2002 local emo band level.

11. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Personally this sounds like a band trying too hard to sound like early 00’s Podt Hardcore. Then you get the new Story of the Year that actually sounds like it - and is great. Just my own opinion of it, off course.

12. Gen Handley

Regular

Not bad...not bad.

13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

This is much better than the first song they put out. Ok for a Buddy side project, I'll expect a bit more from the proper Senses Fail record

14. Gen Handley

Regular

Yeah agreed. All of his positive talk on Twitter lately is getting my hopes up.

15. cbronder1

Regular

I love it. I Just wanna hear the whole record already.

16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Not good. Loved the two other songs... seeing people sing to this would be weird after hearing the background of the song.

17. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Pretty dece

18. robargarthan

this entire band is as boring as The Fire was

Brent likes this.
  19. zachmacD

Trusted

Just release a new Senses Fail song already

20. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

What is the background of this song?