Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Summer Set Go on Hiatus

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Summer Set have gone on indefinite hiatus.

Dear friends,

We know that many of you have been wondering what has been going on with The Summer Set for some time now. We sincerely appreciate the concern, and thank you for your patience while we have taken the time to figure that out ourselves. When we first started this band, our goals were simple: to make music, buy a fifteen- passenger van, and play shows anywhere we possibly could. Over the years, we were fortunate enough watch it grow. Shows got bigger, fans turned into friends, and together, we built something that we could have never imagined. For that, we are truly grateful. Sadly, a decision has been made, and The Summer Set will be going on hiatus indefinitely. Over the last year, Brian has decided to leave the band in order to pursue his own aspirations. We wish him the best in his future endeavors. We cannot thank you enough for the gift you have given us over the past ten years. This has been the adventure of a lifetime, and it is all because of you. Thank you for letting us into your lives.

Thank you for making our dreams come true. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.

2. aniafc

Trusted

I'm sure they'll get back together for a ten year tour of Love Like This in 2019

smowashere likes this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I can't say I'm too torn up about this (I honestly thought they had already announced this). Haven't followed them in years, but I did have some fun times seeing them, and they gave me and my friends a handful of summer sing-along songs, so I think of them fondly overall. They were at like my second concert I think with Every Avenue and Sparks the Rescue.

Also, interesting that they pretty much pin it completely on Brian.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  4. transrebel59

Regular

This has been coming for a long time now. They're good enough to not remain a local Pop rock band but not able to really break into the mainstream. They teamed up with incredibly talented producers and songwriters and somehow kept putting out the same stuff - they always seemed to be one step behind current trends and more successful bands in the genre.

They really should have attempted to do something without Brian, though.

5. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I did an interview with Andy of Dangerkids the same night as the NYC stop of the Good Charlotte tour in August. We randomly both wondered what happened to The Summer Set. 2 hours after the interview during 3Oh!3's opening set, Jess was drumming for them. Odd coincidence but I figured they were either on break or done for good.

6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Once I saw Brian doing his own side project I assumed they were done. I think they could’ve done so much more without him, he has seemed toxic for them.

7. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Stephen and John have always been active on producing other artists (as well as Summer Set), co-writing, etc. I'm sure they'll be just fine, same goes for Jess and Josh, they're all very talented.

I assumed the writing was on the wall when I saw Brian's solo thing up and running. I've seen video clips of one song continuously over the last few months, and while it wasn't really my thing, it was still better than most of what gets released these days, and I'll definitely check out the record/EP/whatever when it drops.

8. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like everyone has known this for quite some time...

9. skoopy

Regular

I literally had boomerang stuck in my head yesterday and then spent a good several minutes wondering if there were songs I detested more.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. transrebel59

Regular

There should be a battle between Brian, Alex DeLeon and Jack Barakat to find out who is truly the most desperate to be famous.

tyramail likes this.
  11. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

I've always felt like if they'd hadn't marketed themselves as part of their particular scene there could have been room for them to be perceived as a Maroon 5-esque band. Some of their tracks are REALLY great pop cuts, and it's a shame they never got the exposure that they potentially deserved.

12. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Liked quite a bit of their last album especially Jean Jacket.

13. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Used to be a huge fan of this band but haven't followed them in a few years. Bummer for them, definitely some great memories.

14. fbrrocks

Trusted

I knew this was coming but still sucks

15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

They had some songs that by rights should have been huge hits. I wasn't too fond of the last record, but the two before that were stacked with great hooks. They were probably on the wrong label, though. They'd have done better being marketed as a pop band than as a pop-punk band on Fearless Records.

cosmickid likes this.
  16. fbrrocks

Trusted

they were on Razor & Tie then went to fearless records not hopeless

17. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

My bad, typed the wrong thing.

transrebel59 and fbrrocks like this.
  18. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I can't love this enough. I would watch that trainwreck for sure and I'd bet on Brian because at least he kinda cute unlike the other two.