Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Frank Turner Details ‘Songbook’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Frank Turner will be releasing Songbook on November 24th. The album contains songs from his previous albums as well as 10 new “re-imagined” versions of some fan favorites. It’ll also include the new song “There She Is.” Pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. Four Simple Words
    2. I Still Believe
    3. The Next Storm
    4. Recovery
    5. The Road – Songbook Version
    6. Long Live The Queen
    7. Glorious You
    8. Plain Sailing Weather
    9. I Knew Prufrock Before He Got Famous
    10. Wessex Boy
    11. The Opening Act Of Spring
    12. Polaroid Picture
    13. Mittens
    14. If Ever I Stray
    15. The Way I Tend To Be
    16. The Ballad Of Me and My Friends
    17. Photosynthesis
    18. Get Better
    19. There She Is
    20. Polaroid Picture (Songbook version) – Re-record
    21. The Ballad Of Me and My Friends (Songbook version) – Acoustic
    22. Broken Piano (Songbook version) – Acoustic
    23. Josephine (Songbook version) – Acoustic
    24. Love 40 Down (Songbook version) – Acoustic
    25. The Way I Tend To Be (Songbook version) – Acoustic
    26. Glorious You (Songbook version) – Re-record
    27. I Am Disappeared (Songbook version) – Re-record
    28. Long Live The Queen (Songbook version) – Re-record
    29. Photosynthesis (Songbook version) – Re-record

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm always curious as to what these "re-imagined" songs will sound like when artists take something like this on. Here's hoping the version of "Long Live the Queen" on there is akin to the electric live version he's been playing the last few years!

JimmyIymmiJ and Turkeylegz like this.
  3. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

It's been too long since I listened to Frank Turner. I know what I'm doing today.

4. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Frank Turner is sooooooo underrated.

5. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

New song is pretty decent. Interested to see what he does with the new versions. Always love listening to Frank. He has evolved so much since Love,Ire and Song.

6. ibanez966

Would love to see him revisit some Million Dead stuff, but I know that'll never happen.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think one day when the time is right he may. I don't think he's ever come out and said flat out it'll never happen (unless he has then please disregard), but he just sinks SO much time into his music now, any time off he has is still spent working on his music. He is one of the hardest working musicians out there, and reading his book was honestly an eye opener at the stuff he has gone through on the road and the stuff he continues to put himself through. He's one of the few artists right now I honestly never ever have trouble supporting or pouring money into.