Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hit the Lights Announce New Single Series

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Hit the Lights have posted an update about the status and future of the band on Facebook:

With that being said, Hit The Lights is proud to announce that we have partnered with our good friend and ally Rick King to create King Sound. Through King Sound, we will be releasing a new song each month. Consistently. Because we have the freedom and the means to do it. People will have the ability to download songs early by purchasing special edition items though our online stores and investing money in us to continue this venture. We’ll be working out the kinks as we go, but the beautiful thing is whatever people decide to do – even down to just streaming our songs – you’re LITERALLY investing in us. These sales will go directly to fund awesome things like new music videos, tours, and even fund raising for great causes! No one to answer to, nothing to wait for – just HTL, King Sound and you- our supporters. Doing it our way because we can.

We have songs lined up for the next six months.

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Huh, intrigued to see how this works out for them

3. ibanez966

Based on the preview the single sounds super chunky; I dig it.

teebs41 likes this.
  4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Love these guys, will support anything they do. I think this is an interesting business/band model to tray and see if it works. Theoretically, putting out a new song every month is a great idea because of the obvious; new music each month. It's one song, but, it's a cool idea.

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Interesting concept. Will always check out anything these guys do.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

pretty interesting

7. aniafc

Trusted

I have been waiting for a band to do something like this

8. I'm really excited to see how this pans out. New business models are needed in music and this seems promising. Plus, this band has been consistent throughout their whole career so I trust that whatever they do will be quality and on their terms.

9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

HTL is one of the bands I used to be super into but just randomly stopped listening to one day. Invicta is great.

smowashere likes this.
  10. Jared Luttrell

Regular

This is pretty cool and probably the best solution for them reading their circumstances, I'd be happy to see more bands try something like this. Sounds like the perfect solution for a band when the members have grown older and started families, new jobs or moved away from one another. I totally support these guys.

11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Hit The Lights + djent = this

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Is it me, or is this not mixed very well?

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The guitar tones kinda hurt my ears

15. Yeah the mix is a little wack but the song is just what I wanted. Sounds like C!NCC!