Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

D.R.U.G.S. Are Not Reuniting in 2018

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Substream has confirmed that D.R.U.G.S. are not reuniting next year and someone has taken control of the band’s Twitter account without their knowledge:

According to another person connected to the band that we spoke with, whose name we are protecting upon request, the members of D.R.U.G.S. have not had access to the account in some time. “There was a phishing scheme,” the contact told us. “Something involving a fake charity.” This contact also provided Substream with the name and contact information of the person the believed to currently be controlling the account.

2. ARo24

Regular

I was pumped when they first formed but besides a few songs their release was super underwhelming. I did attend their first show ever though haha.

truelovewaits, Turkeylegz and js977 like this.
  3. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

The world weeps

truelovewaits and Erwin89 like this.
  4. zachmacD

Trusted

I enjoyed their album for what it was and got to see them at Warped. That was enough

truelovewaits likes this.
  5. CMilliken

Trusted

Booooo!

6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I was at that one too!

7. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Oh, thank God.

8. Walkabout

Regular

That album has not aged well

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  9. Chinesefood

Regular

Bummer.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Wasn’t even good when it first came out. Can’t imagine how it sounds in 2017 lol.

Walkabout likes this.
  11. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I remember being stoked on it when the only thing you talk about was released, but overall the album was such a letdown. I still think that those guys could have made a better record, but who knows.

12. Chinesefood

Regular

Yeah, I enjoyed it for what it was but felt they could've pooled their talents a little better. I was hoping for a more mature sound with this BUT.

13. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I loved that album when it came out but I haven't heard it in about 5 years. The one thing I remember about that album that I was annoyed with at the time was the lack of Nick Martin's vocals. I think Swagger was the only song with his screams on there and I really wanted to hear more of it. I am honestly shocked that Craig didn't put together a DRUGS 2.0 lineup and continue that project.

14. Walkabout

Regular

You right

15. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

And thank fuck for that! That band and album were nearly as bad as late-period Chiodos, and I don't say that lightly...

16. Chinesefood

Regular

Devil was straight garbage.

Dust Of Fallen Rome likes this.
  17. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Yes. Yes it was. Absolute trash. Illuminaudio takes the cake though, that was garbage at it's pinnacle.

To be honest I think Craig Owens is awful in general aside from the first two Chiodos albums. Cinematic Sunrise and Isles & Glaciers tie for me as his absolute shittest - though the latter also had Jonny Craig and the Fuentes brothers so Owens shares the burden there...

Chinesefood likes this.
  18. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Honestly, I never got into Craig's voice other than Undertaker's Thirst, the DRUGS album and the feature he did with In Fear and Faith. I'm all for having a unique voice. Most people can identify more of the popular high pitched singers like Jonny or Anthony Green. Jonny has an RnB style while Anthony is more of a swooner in some ways. Craig does fall into that category but I feel he tries too hard to be over-dramatic and tries to out-do other singers. I feel like he shines more when he's not the center of attention (even though that's basically what he craves). Not to mention Craig fanboys are annoying as hell haha

Chinesefood likes this.
  19. Chinesefood

Regular

Craig Owens discography ranked from least shitty to shittiest:

1. Bone Palace Ballet
    2. All's Well
    3. DRUGS
    4. Isles & Glaciers
    5. Cinsun
    6. With Love
    7. Badxchannels
    8. Devil

20. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Ah I hate Jonny Craig as a dude and as a musician so he'll never get an ounce of praise from me. Love AG though. Basically I just think Craig Owens is c-grade at best and needs others to carry him really.

21. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Mostly agree but I'd switch the top 2 around and put BadxChannels at 3 because they have one song I thought was decent but not enough to listen to repeatedly.

Basically I just don't vibe with CO haha.