Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Eminem Freestyles About Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Eminem appeared on a pre-recorded segment during the BET Hip-Hop Awards last night to perform a freestyle about Donald Trump. Trump’s too busy trying to destroy the freedom of the press and start nuclear war to respond (and he rarely picks fights with white men anyway).

An MP3 of the song can be found here.

The FULL verse that EVERYBODY is talking about! @eminem BODIED THIS! #HipHopAwards pic.twitter.com/zoS0wEwjQF

— BET (@BET) October 11, 2017

2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Ow.

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

points for the anti-trump'ness of it all but uhhh.....not great

4. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Loved it...not a fan of Em's history of hateful rhetoric toward the LGBT community or women, but this is definitely his career highlight for me. And anyone attacking the quality/flow/lyricism in this performance needs to understand this was entirely emotion pouring out...you can tell he's thinking about where to go next as it was a freestyle into a camera.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  5. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Few good jabs - overall, kinda meh. Are these actually freestyles? I don't follow this kind of stuff so I'm not sure how it works. Also I like that they censored the word "plot".

NewSurrender likes this.
  6. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Yeah I hate the guy too, but holy shit that was cringe worthy. Feel bad for anyone that needed to use the parking deck that day.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  7. honkytonk Oct 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 11, 2017)
    honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

[​IMG]

Cannot figure out for the life of me how to post a gif properly. Point is, this was ruthless. Love seeing such an open and public disdain among celebrities, but where does it go from here?

StoJa9 and Bryan Diem like this.
  8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

This is really bad but at least it made bigots mad

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

small victories

10. Good thread.

Essie, Fucking Dustin and crunchprank like this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Very, very bad stuff but hey at least he said something.

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

And, realistically, I think that any Trump supporters who are Em fans (there are a lot) are all ready well versed enough in Mental Gymnastics to keep the same mindset

13. Hunter Norman

Regular

Good stuff. It amazes me how many people try to continuously deny this guys talent, and that goes for many rappers. He always kills freestyles and they always have a slightly different personality to them, this is no exception.

14. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

That is indeed a really good thread. Thanks.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  15. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I don't recall seeing another thread in recent memory with such polar opposite responses. Every comment is "this is amazing" or "this is abysmal" with nothing in between.

js977 likes this.
  16. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

That's easy to explain. The people here that think it's bad all listen to a lot of hip hop.

17. Hunter Norman

Regular

Haha that's right, you automatically listen to a lot of hip hop if you come in and hate on this. And if you listen to a lot of hip hop but say you like this, someone will automatically assume that you're not a hip hop fan.

18. chcougar1

Trusted

I love Eminem, but when I heard about this I was expecting more flow given his history. Maybe I’m too used to his studio stuff and what was on 8 mile.

19. Hunter Norman

Regular

Yeah I think this one was probably more about exuding emotion and personality so he probably made a conscious decision not to let the acrobatics overshadow

20. Bryan Diem

Trusted

To his credit, there seemed to be a lot of restraint. Like he's being openly defiant without saying anything that puts him in super hot water. That might be hard to do. Still super duper cringe.

21. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Not cringeworthy at all. This was awesome. Good on em.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Anyone surprised about this probably forgot he literally said he wanted to kill Bush and got investigated by the FBI because of it

This is much more mature and powerful though, I love how he actually uses facts and not just "lol Trump is orange and sucks"

StoJa9 and Turkeylegz like this.
  23. Nathan Oct 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 12, 2017)
    Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Doubt Trump will respond to this. Eminem isn't in a sphere he cares about (sports, Hollywood, politics), there's not a higher up he can call on to fire or quiet Em (ESPN, the NFL, any news network). Em is a white dude. Granted he's a white dude who is high profile enough that if the freestyle were to be a big enough pop culture moment maybe Trump would be egotistical and emotional enough to fire away on twitter or a rally but again, doubt this is something that'd rile him up.

It's a bad freestyle but lots of Em's white, male fanbase needs to be told from the man himself to fuck off for supporting Trump. I hope it reaches them even if I think the effect is probably going to be small. More artists should be explicitly anti-Trump, so even if I think the freestyle overall is weak I'm glad it happened. I mean, Tom DeLonge said Trump should be waterboarded and the best Em, a man who rapped about killing his wife, can do is call him orange like every single person with a Twitter account who likes "Being Liberal" on Facebook? Em should be held to a higher standard.

Wharf Rat, StoJa9, Bryan Diem and 2 others like this.
  24. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Like, I'm supportive and appreciative of any anti-Trump media and good on Eminem for his stance against that orange fuckwad, but I still won't praise Eminem as a person past this - I cannot abide by the awful things he has said and done.

Full disclosure, I was a huge Eminem fan back in the day and I can respect the talent I feel he has but I just cannot appreciate him at all knowing songs like "Kim" exist.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  25. LJ Rime

Regular

Understandable position. But regardless, you don't have to praise him for his other music. What people forget is that despite Eminem's fanbase being mostly white, he belongs to black culture. He made pretty clear in that freestyle that if he had to choose between his white fanbase and the black culture he grew up in, he'd choose the latter which I think is very powerful. I've seen a lot of white liberals try to discredit his freestyle because of his past lyrics but that freestyle is not for white liberals to discredit. It wasn't meant for them nor was it meant in defense of them. That freestyle was aimed at Trump supporters, Trump himself, and in defense of black culture.

Not saying you're a white liberal because I don't know you. I was just speaking in general.