Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Weezer – “Weekend Woman”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

lava890 likes this.
  2. AshlandATeam

Trusted

This is my favorite so far of what's released - super, super solid song.

Say what you will about the band, but this is LP #11, and they've done a fantastic job on each one at choosing a tone/mood/aesthetic and going all in on it. Sometimes it doesn't work at all (Red, Ratitude, Hurley), sometimes it works beautifully (Blue, Pinkerton, Green, White, Everything...) and sometimes it's in between (Maladroit, Make Believe), but it's always cohesive and makes perfect sense. Pacific Daydream seems to be no different in that regard, and four songs in, us already head and shoulders above their least successful work (in my opinion).

Also, it's been said by others, but bears repeating: that may be the best album artwork ever. Just so, so good.

Frank Lapidus and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I only heard "Mexican Fender" for the first time a few days ago and it's my favorite of the new songs, but this is also very good. It's a very "summer" album- shame it's coming out in the fall.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I've enjoyed all of these so far

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. The Format

Regular

Good Stuff.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  6. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

New record's a good chiller. I like this song, and I'm disappointed that @Jason Tate didn't keep my silly news write-up.

7. (It's cause it wasn't true. ;-p)

8. spencpants

Agree to disagree, I like it best of the few they put out as singles - but I got to listen to the new album today and it's.. honestly it carries one sort of flat mood all the way through.. but it's okay. It's better than some of their other more recent work.

9. I don't like Weezer. Still feel the same as I always have. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Did you like The White Album?

11. spencpants

I don't remember it, but going by the idea that you should put your strongest song as the opener.. and as I'm listening to it now to answer this.. no, not really.