Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gerard Way Opens Up a Little More About My Chemical Romance

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Gerard Way recently talked with iNews:

“It’s a tricky thing, because you have four guys that really get along, and I think we all fully understand each other now and love each other,” he says.

“We all got together recently and it was wonderful – we didn’t even talk about the band or playing shows again. I don’t know if anything will happen in the future, but what I do know is everyone has a really great life right now.”

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I literally saw "Gerard Way opens up..." and I got beyond hopeful. Just imagining seeing them live makes me me excited. Pls pls pls.

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Seriously, imagine how much this will break the internet is they get back together?!

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  4. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

It's great to hear that he does not take the impact My Chem has on the other members of the band lightly. This gives me hope that when they come back it will be at the right time, for the right reasons with music that makes them proud.

heymattrick, fenway89 and js977 like this.
  5. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

I wish that I had the mental and emotional intelligence that I have now when WTTBP came out. I appreciate that album so much more now than I did as a teenager, and I'd do anything to see it live.

js977 likes this.
  6. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I get that in 2011, or 2012, maybe it felt like the world didn't need My Chemical Romance anymore. Such a shame too, because Danger Days was and still is my favorite era from this band. It certainly didn't get the touring and attention it deserved.

But it's 2017 now and I definitely think the world needs My Chemical Romance again.

skogsraet, Turkeylegz and Barresi like this.
  7. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Yeah, we could definitely use them now.

8. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I can't believe i saw MCR with like 25 other people at warped tour in 2003. Fucking surreal. Still listen to their first 3 albums all the time.

Barresi likes this.
  9. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Most people don't know this but their debut is legendary. I know some people understand tho but not enough

Sybil and skogsraet like this.
  10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

So none of them talk to the old drummer anymore, Bob ? I think he was in a rough patch a while ago.

11. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

where the fuck is spyki?

12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It makes me happy that they all get along and support one another and seem content. I really enjoy Gerard's solo stuff so I'm totally cool with him releasing another solo album before they reunite if I'm pretending like what I want is what actually happens in life lol.

13. zachmacD

Trusted

Obviously they were a lot more popular then but I saw them at Warped in '05 then again in October of '05 with Alkaline trio supporting. What an awesome time to be apart of this music scene at that time.

14. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I vaguely remember him being pretty rude towards the other members of the band, and even fans, on Twitter a few years back. I can't imagine they're all on agreeable terms, but I'm sure there's others who know much more than me.

15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

lol Bob went off on social media when Mikey got outed for cheating on his wife. Unless they patched up since it didn't seem like a great relationship.

16. MikeC18

I didn't realize how good MCR is or how much I like them until Spotify started playing their songs for me this year. I would love for them to come back.

17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

No offense but Bob's replaceable, i really wish things never went south with the old drummer because he was great.

18. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

This band never had a really stable drummer. Rumor has it, a lot of shit went down with Matt. Bob got "future endeavored" after Danger Days. Michael was kicked out for stealing and Jarrod was just a touring drummer. If MCR got back together, I think they should go after a gun for hire. Someone like Ilan Rubin would be perfect for them. He's respected, can drum to anything live/studio, plus he's available since NIN/AVA are part time and he does The New Regime when he wants. Obviously he'd never be a "member" but MCR would need stability.

Barresi likes this.
  19. I think a MCR reunion would be an even bigger deal than the Fall Out Boy reunion

SamLevi11, Sybil, skogsraet and 3 others like this.
  20. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

FOB was more popular but MCR meant more to people, so probably

SteveLikesMusic and Bryan Diem like this.
  21. Yup

22. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I think people always expected FOB to reunite. Even though it was still a big deal when it happened, I think everyone knew it would happen. MCR has been pretty firm on the "it's not going to happen" front, so when it does, it will definitely be more suprising.

However, I do not feel that an eventual MCR reunion would come with new music. I imagine even if they do make new music, a reunion would initially just be playing shows together.

23. Pooch

Regular

I'm still not over that they left us with Danger Days as their swan song. Hopefully this can be remedied

24. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Bryan Diem likes this.
  25. Bryan Diem

Trusted

FOB breaking up was absolutely necessary culturally and for their artistic direction