Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Movements Announce New Album; Premiere New Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. BigMouth Sep 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 28, 2017)
    Finally announced! People should definitely check this out, especially if you're into Citizen, Pianos Become the Teeth, Basement, Balance and Composure, etc. These guys are good friends and it's awesome to see them taking this so far.

3. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Home town band! Good guys, not into the music. I hope they have a lot of success, though!

4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Musically it's not bad but I really don't like those vocals

5. tshreve

Metalicca

This band is so generic

cwhit likes this.
  6. zachmacD

Trusted

I'm torn. I really like these guys but I really try to stay away from music like this these days. With that said, great song

7. Jake Z

Regular

If you like something, why would you try to stay away from it? Just curious.

8. zachmacD

Trusted

The lyrical content. I've done a lot of personal work on myself during the years and bands with this kind of lyrical content just bum me out. It's big reason I generally don't listen to a lot of pop punk bands. Life's tough enough and I just don't think listening to music with sad lyrics helps.

9. Jake Z

Regular

That makes sense. I am with you in that I am naturally drawn to sad music, but for me its more of the instrumentation and athmosphere/mood it brings that keeps me hooked. But it can def get heavy for sure.

zachmacD likes this.
  10. zachmacD

Trusted

Same here with the mood/atmosphere. I love lyrics too though so it's hard me to ignore them

Jake Z likes this.
  11. Chinesefood

Regular

Can I ask why? Just out of curiosity.

12. zachmacD

Trusted

I mentioned this above but the lyrical content. I've done a lot of personal work on myself during the years and bands with this kind of lyrical content just bum me out. It's big reason I generally don't listen to a lot of pop punk bands. Life's tough enough and I just don't think listening to music with sad lyrics helps.

Chinesefood likes this.
  13. Chinesefood

Regular

Completely feel that. Just haven't yet had the balls to cut the cord. Good for you though, man.