Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Copeland Working on Their New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I, personally, am very excited for this.

fenway89 likes this.
  3. Saephon

Regular

Oh thank god. I can't be the only one who thinks Ixora is their best work yet; it would have been tragic to not hear more music after they showed what they're capable of on the last album.

4. skoopy

Regular

Ixora is one of those albums I can put on anytime and I'll be surprised by how much it still hits me. This is probably one of my most anticipated releases.

5. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Really hoping they keep going down that Ixora path. One of my favorite albums ever.

Histrionics, fenway89 and Saephon like this.
  6. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Ixora really surprised me, excited to see what they do next.

fenway89 likes this.
  7. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I was okay with never hearing new Copeland music again. They had a great run and I was content.... then Ixora and OMGGSDKGJLSDGJ:SLKDG!!!

coleslawed and fenway89 like this.
  8. Literally abstaining from Ixora until the snow starts to fall because it is the PERFECT winter record

fenway89 and Ryan Gardner like this.
  9. moosic

Hear hear!

Yes indeed!

fenway89 likes this.
  10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

It's either Ixora or Eat Sleep Repeat

fenway89 likes this.
  11. CMilliken

Trusted

Ixora is probably their best album. Perfect time of year to play that album is now too! So stoked these guys are making more music. The clip definitely sounded Ixoraish.

fenway89 likes this.
  12. moosic

Hear hear!

Ixora is their best because it's the latest. ;) Maybe I'm biased because I love this band and they can do no wrong, but I feel like each album is really unique. If I want to rock to Copeland I'll put on In Motion. If I'm a little down and want something melodramatic I'll put on Eat, Sleep, Repeat. If I want contemporary it's Ixora, and old-school it's BMT. You Are My Sunshine gets played when I want to hear different stuff like the Suitcase Song. ;)

fenway89 likes this.
  13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

not to be dramatic or anything but i would fucking die for Copeland

14. Terry

Best news of all!!

15. Histrionics

Can't wait for this.

I also think The Lulls album could have been the next Copeland album without the rapping. Some of their songs are really good.

CMilliken, Mrplum5089 and coleslawed like this.
  16. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I think it is as good as You Are My Sunshine. Ixora was my AOTY that year. Copeland just makes me so happy and sad at the same time in such a comforting way. They are so special.

17. cultleadermonkey

I still regret now picking up the ixora vinyl during the initial order thing. But, just spotted that In Motion is getting a repress, so that makes me less sad

CMilliken likes this.
  18. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Best news post of 2017.

Yep, even Brand New

Joel Gustafson and Mrplum5089 like this.
  19. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Copeland is so much better than any of the other bands that tried to do this kind of music

Mrplum5089, St. Nate and Jason Tate like this.
  20. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Kite makes me want to die in a field of sunflowers

fenway89 likes this.
  21. Saephon

Regular

This is so true it kind of hurts. Not to say that I don't enjoy other bands in this genre, but every time Copeland comes on, I'm reminded they're playing a completely different kind of game. Probably the closest anyone has come for me was Lydia's Illuminate.

fenway89 likes this.
  22. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I completely agree with every thing you said!

23. Ska Senanake

Trusted

My neighbor's old band Fly Upright Kite released 2 extremely good EPs. They have a lot of great Copeland vibes and I highly recommend checking them out.

24. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Hoping for a late release this year.

25. MikeC18

When I saw this news post I just raised my hands at work and said "Fuck yes!"

I LOVE Copeland and still listen to them all the time. Ixora is a masterpiece.

Mrplum5089 and fenway89 like this.