Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Performers Announced for Chester Bennington Tribute Show

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Contender and trevorshmevor like this.
  2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

That's a pretty perfect lineup of vocalists for them, should be a hell of a show.

3. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

There are still so many artists I can see at this show including Jared Leto, Aaron Lewis and possibly Jay-Z. He has a show in Anaheim that night but it's still possible.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  4. ARo24

Regular

I know Oli had posted Chester was an idol of his so that’s pretty cool for him to be a part of this. Real solid lineup.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  5. DillonHigh

Ummmm $500-1350 for tickets. What the shit is that?

6. Behind the Barricade

That's what was left from the presale. I got 2 tickets for 95 each and I'm not too far back.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Tata Toothy

Regular

Yeah that’s crazy, but I can’t imagine this show will be easy or cheap to get tickets for. It’s not a huge venue.

Tomorrow’s tickets not including platinum range from $42.50-$169.50. Which is more then reasonable

8. House Of Wolves

I hope this is filmed.

Turkeylegz, CMilliken and spencpants like this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

I also hope this is film or audio recorded.

I always hoped that they recorded from the soundboard at that one and only warped show they did and would release it one day. Nate doing One Step Closer, Ryan doing What I've Done and Jeremy doing A Place For My Head seems perfect. I'd buy it as an live EP.

10. silentc

Regular

System of a Down minus Serj will also be there

Davjs likes this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

Rebellion!

12. aniafc

Trusted

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jay Z make an appearance, but have no clue on the logistics behind making that work.

skogsraet likes this.
  13. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Why isn't Serj going to be with them?

14. Davjs

Trusted

He does whatever he can to disappoint System fans in the last 10 years lol.

15. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I had forgotten that it had sounded like there was going to be a new album. And then I read the comments on that FB announcement and that's apparently not close to happening lol ugh.

16. zachmacD

Trusted

Very cool. I'm sure most saw it but that video that was just posted of Chester the night before he killed himself was heartbreaking. It's still crazy that he's gone

Davjs likes this.
  17. Jackbo487

Regular

Serj commented on the SOAD Instagram page's post about the LP show and said 'out of the country that day. But will try to make it of course"

crunchprank likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, I think the bass player and drummer both came out saying Serj is the only hold up on a new album. Shame, because Scars on Broadway and Serj solo stuff could have made great system songs if they had all worked on it.

19. thecobrakais

Regular

20. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I think serj is just afraid to release something as it's been so long, and is probably worried about the reception.

21. Jackbo487

Regular

I did some casual searching around last night and I noticed Deftones presumably *would* be available as they're doing something in Mexico the next night - would Chino or somebody opt to show up.

Same for Papa Roach, whose show Linkin Park was opening as the first time I ever saw LP, so...

22. Davjs

Trusted

I feel like almost any artist would make a point to make it there, it's probably more up to the band and who they want there.

also yes to deftones and p roach please.

23. Behind the Barricade

Along with Papa Roach and Deftones, I can see Jared Leto or 30STM, AFI, Corey Taylor, Sully Erna and Aaron Lewis come out and either perform a set or with the band. It's crazy how many friends LP has and the even crazier amount of artists they've influenced.

24. Jackbo487

Regular

yep. Stone Sour's in Sacramento Thursday & in Mexico on Saturday so I would *assume* Corey'd also be able to be there. I can't imagine he'd miss it if at all possible.

25. Behind the Barricade

Not at all especially when he tried to help Chester with the fan backlash and also spoke very highly of him after his death. Barring a freak accident, I can see him at least being in the building for the show.

Jackbo487 likes this.