Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Epic Life and Tragic Death of Matt Bellinger

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jason Heller, writing about the passing of Planes Mistaken for Stars’ Matt Bellinger:

A basic obituary isn’t enough to sum up a life, let alone one that had as much impact as Matt’s.

When I met Matt in 1998, I had yet to even dream of being a journalist. Back then, I worked the cash register at Wax Trax, while Matt and the other members of Planes lived in Peoria, Illinois, where they had grown up. Their singer-guitarist, Gared O’Donnell, visited Denver frequently in the ’90s to see his mom, who lived in Colorado.

2. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

That was such a well written, but gut wrenching, article. I lost interest in PMFS shortly after Up In Them Guts which Matt left afterward as well. I don't know much about him personally, but apparently he was a driving force behind the PMFS material that I love and still revisit very often (their self-titled/self-released EP is my favorite EP from any band ever). And after reading this article, I feel so bad for him. Battling substance abuse and even homelessness at times? It's just, so sad. And what an awful way to leave this world. I'm thankful to this author for shedding some light on who Matt was as a person. Rest in peace, Matt :heart:

3. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Such a sad but important read.

4. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

They're one of my favorite local bands, how did I not catch this? So sad, reading now.

5. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I live in the county he was jailed in, does anyone know what hospital it was. Fuck suicide. I've dealt w/ anxiety and depression my whole life. I've thought about it. Fuck it, and the more creative you are the more you can get stuck, really stuck, inside your own head...