Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thomas Rhett Tops the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Thomas Rhett has the number one album in the country this week:

The set — which brings country back to No. 1 for the first time in exactly one year — earned 123,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Sept. 14, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 94,000 were in traditional album sales, Rhett’s best sales week and the third largest sales week of 2017 for a country effort.

2. shawnhyphenray

Regular

I really enjoyed this album and I'm not a big country guy

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

This record is surprisingly solid.

Mr. Serotonin and Jason Tate like this.
  4. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Good for The National. One of the year's best!!

5. I also liked it more than I thought I would. I will probably never listen to it again after like a week, but I didn't hate it. Haha.

Craig Manning likes this.
  6. Craig Manning

There are like five or six songs I really like. I'll probably throw those on playlists and not listen to the rest all that much after the weather cools down. But he's versatile enough to keep it interesting throughout. "Renegades" sounds like a Maine song.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome for him. Will be seeing him live later this month.

8. mationation

I think God's a painter

yea there are some legit jams on here. did you ever listen to ben rector's latest record brand new? not really into his older stuff but that one is the best melodic emotional pop/rock i've heard since andrew mcmahon's last couple records. really inspiring stuff. i dunno i'm always a sucker for this kind of thing

9. Craig Manning

I haven't. I'm passingly familiar with him. Tried one of his records a few years ago and didn't love it, but he's had cowrites on at least a couple albums I've loved in the past few years. I'll check that album out, definitely.