Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kevin Devine Joins Brand New as Touring Member

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Kevin Devine has announced he’s going to be a touring member of Brand New for the foreseeable future:

So, for the foreseeable future, I’ll be touring as a member of Brand New, playing guitar & singing harmonies. I’ve been playing music with & around Brand New in various ways for basically our entire careers; I love & am proud of them, think they’ve made a(nother) dynamic, special record, and take seriously the opportunity to perform as a part of their band, to help execute their vision & hopefully augment their already plenty-formidable stature. (It’s also really fun.) The reason for saying anything in public is to share that I’ll be quieting down the KD world for a while. There will still be a handful of odd shows here & there, and a few non-tour- or proper-record-related projects, but it feels good to do something else, take stock & decide what comes next, and “go away” a bit in some core sense. That’s it.

Thanks as always & be good to each other – these are scary, brutal, psychedelic times, but you’re not alone.

xburningcoffin likes this.
  2. Philll

Trusted

Cool, I'm sure this'll be a good fit.

A little sad it comes at the expense of Kev's own stuff (to some extent), but he's always busy as hell so it'll do him good to get stuck into something a little different.

3. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Fuck I need to see this shit happen live.

fenway89 likes this.
  4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Awesome news!

5. Sal Mastrocola

Making Music in Gatto Black

Very cool. I'm sure it'll be a pretty magical experience for him to play for the level of crowds BN gets on the regular. Go make us proud Kev!

6. Colin Your Enthusiasm

He's opened for them so he knows. But ya he's really the perfect man for the job. So stoked for him

7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Man, they need to get to Denver so I can see them play together.

fenway89 and thenewtypetheory like this.
  8. CMilliken

Trusted

Awesome. Really hope they pass through SLC next year sometime with him. Would be something to see live!

fenway89 likes this.
  9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

This worked really well at High and Low fest

Also I'm ashamed to say it, but...

I didn't know he was the one on guitar/harmonizing until I got on the forums after the show

bobby_runs and JRGComedy like this.
  10. MattNCheeze

Trusted

go make that gwap KD

bobby_runs likes this.
  11. xburningcoffin

KC

This makes so much sense for him to do. I cannot lie and say that it isn't surprising though. This news will make tickets that might not have been available even harder to acquire. I'll look forward to the forthcoming videos of their shows.

12. Tom Lee

Regular

So stoked. Sad to hear KD stuff will be quiet for a little bit, but this is a really rad thing.

13. TedMosby

Have they announced the opener yet? Going to the show in detroit

14. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

just needs andy hull to complete the super group trifecta

15. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Another SLC person!

CMilliken and DejaMoi like this.
  16. pianostuff

I like this bit of news because it sort of implies that brand new is going to be doing a lot more touring and that increases my chance of seeing them multiple times before they are done. Because if it was just for one or two tours, I don't think Kevin would have to announce that he's taking a break from his personal projects. So, this is good for a number of reasons !!

17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Brand New 2000-2028!!!

;-p

SHNDVR, bobby_runs and xburningcoffin like this.
  18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Reported

Tom Lee and fenway89 like this.
  19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah now im getting tickets lol

fenway89 likes this.
  20. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Well this is fucking awesome.

DejaMoi likes this.
  21. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Enjoyed seeing Kevin and his solo work in town. He established himself as musician and songwriter and I'd say its a pretty damn honor to be called up to be a touring member of Brand New. Now announce a central TX date please.

also, what is the deal i BN gonna play shows after this year or is that breaking up just speculation

teebs41 likes this.
  22. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Itched my eye after eating dinner. I think I got El Pato in my eye!!

Edit: wrong thread, but I'm keeping it here

23. cdubec

I hate that the Dallas show already sold out. If anyone has 2 tickets, please let me know and we can work something out.

24. robargarthan

same lmao

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Even more excited for the show next month! I absolutely loved the videos that surfaced on Youtube years ago of KD playing with Brand New.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.