Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive – “Premonition of the Hex” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

palebluedot likes this.
  2. SO MANY VIDEOS

3. Weird (creepy?) video, but I like this song basically as much as I've liked all the others

4. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Just ok

5. palebluedot

Great video.
    The song is also available in Spotify.
    It seems like The Amulet is going to be a "quieter" album, one of those that require to be listened with full attention. I feel like the songs released so far could have been in Violent Waves.

defmytones likes this.
  6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Not sure about the song yet. Do the drums sound different to anyone else? They might have been the best part, but they sounded different than other Yip drums which is nice.

pianostuff likes this.
  7. defmytones

Regular

Album as a whole was very underwhelming besides two-three songs for me. I hate to be that guy since it's said many times before but I really feel they peaked with BSN and everything since has been subpar at best.

8. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

Interesting dub bass line going on

GooberSandwich likes this.
  9. sukottokairu

Regular

this album is a grower, don't give up on it, it's the best they've done since BSN

10. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

This album ain't great.

11. Jared Luttrell

Regular

That's unfortunately how I feel as well and it sucks because they're one of my favorite bands. The EP that came out around after BSN is the last offering from them I find myself coming back to, it has some of my favorite Circa songs on it.

palebluedot likes this.
  12. palebluedot

Your opinions about the album are based on the songs released so far? or the whole thing? Assuming it already leaked, I'll keep waiting until the release date anyway

13. Bryan Diem

Trusted

It leaked, but I'm waiting too. though I've heard 5/10 of the tracks

palebluedot likes this.
  14. Kristen

Regular

I like this song but man I wish the drums sounded like they did on OLG. These sound so hollow production-wise in my opinion.

15. Kyle1130

I do like Circa but I still think the first 2 albums were the best. Many of the songs are starting to sound the same to me.

16. GooberSandwich

Regular Supporter

my favorite of the songs released so far

i'm getting Coloring Book EP vibes from the rhythm section. i dig it

17. GooberSandwich

Regular Supporter

also, anybody think they are making a reference to The Mars Volta with "Slice up and not across" line?

18. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

Love/miss Manny in Glassjaw