Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Echosmith Delay Album, Announce New EP

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Echosmith are delaying the release of their upcoming album to finish working on it. Instead, they’ll be releasing a new EP on September 29th. It’s titled Inside A Dream. You’ll find the track listing and a message from the band below.

Important announcement! We have decided to move the release of our album to Spring 2018, and instead release the 7-song Inside A Dream EP on September 29. I know that may come as a surprise and we are so sorry for the change, but we’ve been overrun with inspiration lately and have more we would like to add to the album. We will also be pushing our tour back to coincide with the full-length release so we can play new songs for you, so check our website for all the rescheduled dates (and note that all tickets, VIP packages, etc will still be valid!). We are so appreciative of your support & patience and we love you all so so much!!!
    Track Listing

1. Lessons
    2. Get Into My Car
    3. Hurts to be 18
    4. Future Me
    5. Goodbye
    6. Hungry
    7. Dear World
    April 4 San Francisco, CA Regency Ballroom
    April 6 Portland, OR Wonder Ballroom
    April 7 Seattle, WA Neptune Theatre
    April 10 Salt Lake City, UT The Depot
    April 11 Englewood, CO Gothic Theatre
    April 13 Minneapolis, MN First Avenue
    April 14 Chicago, IL Metro
    April 15 St. Louis, MO Delmar Hall
    April 17 Indianapolis, IN Deluxe at Old National Center
    April 18 Detroit, MI Magic Stick
    April 19 Columbus, OH Newport Music Hall
    April 20 Cleveland, OH House of Blues
    April 22 Toronto, ON Phoenix Concert Theatre
    April 26 Boston, MA Royale
    April 27 Philadelphia, PA Theatre of Living Arts
    April 28 New York NY Irving Plaza
    April 29 Washington, DC 9:30 Club
    May 1 Atlanta, GA Variety Playhouse
    May 2 Nashville, TN 3rd & Lindsley
    May 4 Dallas, TX Granada Theater
    May 5 Houston, TX White Oak Music Hall
    May 6 Austin, TX Emo’s
    May 8 Tempe, AZ The Marquee
    May 11 San Diego, CA Music Box
    May 12 Los Angeles, CA The Fonda Theatre

2. jorbjorb

7 rings

What a bummer....

3. DearCory

Regular

I feel like EPs have really died off in the last few years. I wonder if it's a label thing, a streaming thing, pride thing (saying we're only going to put out an album), or what

skogsraet likes this.
  4. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

A 7 song EP is almost like an album anyway. What is the definition of an EP vs LP exactly? Does an LP need to be 10 songs? I know I have a coupe 9 song albums in my collection somewhere.

5. bdoyle0182

I believe at 8 songs it becomes an LP or a certain number of minutes but I'm not sure exactly on the number of minutes. I think it's around 30 minutes.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

That's too bad, but still nice to get 7 songs. Just hoping all of the 7 aren't on the full album as well. Imagine a couple would be, but we'll see!

7. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Good question. I think the at least 8 songs or half hour rule is a good one. That being said Weezer's Green Album and Sum 41's All Killer No Filler are counted as full lengths yet I don't even think they crack a half hour.

Bayside 182 likes this.