Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Shanna Moakler Talks About Alabama Barker’s Cyberbullies

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. aniafc

Trusted

People blaming the daughter for wearing makeup and posting on instagram...come on

3. aniafc

Trusted

Also: do we know who the 19 year old makeup blogger is that Shanna is referring to?

4. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

I don't get the fuss about young girls using make-up anyway. As a guy, I started applying hair gel around her age and tried shaving, etc. Even so, there's no harm done.

Also, look at the comments on her latest post:

It's as if people expect her to be swimming/be on the beach with pants on. That just reminds me of Kurt Cobain's response to some criticism of displaying a baby boy's penis on the Nevermind cover, where if you chose to be offended by that, then the problem clearly lies with you.

5. aniafc

Trusted

I didn't even think of that -- that's an incredible point. We, as young men, started messing around with our looks and it was never a big deal.

But, as we know, this country has put women down for a very, very long time.

6. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

aniafc likes this.
  7. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

So teaching a young girl that she has full ownership of her body and appearance is still a novel concept?

8. theredline

Trusted Supporter

My daughter is 9 and she messes around with makeup. No biggie. She doesn't make herself look 10 years older and post pictures. I would maybe caution my daughter away from that.

SaveTheEarth likes this.