Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fall Out Boy Tease New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Sounds more like the title of a Drake song than a Fall Out Boy one hahaha

Excited though, I really dug 'Champion.'

3. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

LOL that Drake comparison is pretty spot on.

truelovewaits likes this.
  4. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

I don't know what I'm really looking for out of Fall Out Boy anymore. I'm glad they're successful and enjoying making music but the whole grandiose, poppy, stadium sort of vibe I feel from them since the reunion and even slightly before is something I haven't really enjoyed. It feels sort of.. idk manufactured I guess. It's one thing to embrace a new sound but to me it's really felt like they've turned their back on where they came from. I dunno, glad they've grown and are happy making music first and foremost. I'm just hoping for some music that clicks with me in the future. Fingers crossed for this!

5. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I'm with ya. Im glad they're having a super successful career, but post-reunion FOB isn't at all what I want from them. I've made my peace with that, and I'll just listen to Folie A Deux forever. :)

Daniel182 likes this.
  6. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Not dug the two songs released so far but always will give new Fall Out Boy a go.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  7. TuneYouOut

Newbie Supporter

They did the KROQ Sound Space yesterday, played Champion but not Young & Menace so I'm wondering if they're going to let that die. Which is unfortunate because it was interesting.