Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Batman: The Animated’ Series Turns 25

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Batman: The Animated Series turned 25 recently. The Hollywood Reporter has an oral history of the classic TV show:

“As a kid, I had a very conservative Irish-Catholic upbringing. So when Bruce Timm asked me what I knew about Batman, I immediately mentioned the TV show and he screamed, ‘No, no, no! That’s not what we’re doing. Erase that!’ ” says Conroy. “He explained the dark, noir story and Bruce’s vow to his parents which leads to the dual identities. It was sort of Shakespearean tragedy, so I approached it like you would Hamlet or Edgar in King Lear.”

I was on a podcast talking about this show a few months ago, it really does hold up.

2. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Best

younglikeme likes this.
  3. red8ge

Regular

untouchable. a shame about the new harley batman animated movie

4. Tim McCall

Regular

Been rewatching a lot of cartoons. Batman holds up the best. The Real Ghostbusters has been fun, but it isn't even close.

shawnhyphenray and coleslawed like this.
  5. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Used to love watching it when I was a kid. The films are awesome too.

carrytheweight likes this.
  6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Agreed 100%, especially with the Mask Of The Phantasm part, it really could be the best Batman film ever made.

7. btr

Trusted Supporter

This show is beautiful to look at and the animation is phenomenal. Conroy and Hamill are Batman and Joker to me.

younglikeme, JamesMichael and Ryan like this.
  8. Been sporadically re-watching the whole series during 2017. MotP just got a blu-ray release, so hopefully this series gets one eventually.

younglikeme likes this.
  9. Ellite25

Regular

What’s the best way to watch this show these days? Is it on a streaming service or Blu-ray?

10. zachmacD

Trusted

hulu is where it's at for all the 90's cartoons. The Spiderman cartoon is on there, Hey Arnold, Batman, among many others.

Ellite25 likes this.
  11. The whole series is available to stream on Amazon if you have Amazon Prime.

Ellite25 likes this.
  12. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Watched Batman Beyond episodes in the last year or two for the first time in ages and I was shocked how much they came back to me as I watched. I think I'd underestimated how much of that show I'd watched, and how well you can remember tv from childhood (much like music).

younglikeme likes this.
  13. younglikeme

ii // YLM