Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Something Corporate’s ‘Played in Space’ Comes to Vinyl

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

Pre-ordered!

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Minus "Konstantine."

KidLightning, SlappinCups and momo32t like this.
  4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

interesting, four years ago SRC announced they were pressing this and the soco camp said it was being done without their consent, very interesting

5. CSWAPPO

Regular

AWESOME!!:-)

6. DearCory

Regular

Issue was that it was being released pretty closely time wise to LTTW and North, so the band asked them to hold off a little while. Guess they finally gave the green light... or SRC said screw it

Also, this is up on Amazon... the Red is an SRC exclusive, and I'd assume "white" is the retail variant

cwhit likes this.
  7. youwontknow

With Konstantine, they'd have to make it a triple vinyl lol

8. Craig Manning

Or they could have cut the inessential remixes. Instead of, you know, the most beloved song in the band's catalog.

KidLightning and fenway89 like this.
  9. youwontknow

LOL, fair point! But I find the greatest hits of a band and "the most essential" typically have little overlap.

10. youwontknow

I guess I mean to the diehard fans who tend to be most affected by a band's deep cuts. Or is it the fact that the major fans just don't wanna share their fav tracks with the mainstream people out there?! This is a larger discussion I think...

11. Craig Manning

I mean, the only people who are going to buy this pressing are the die-hard fans. "Konstantine" was already on the CD version of this, so it was considered a "greatest hit" back then. Someone actively decided it was the song they should cut. Which, I mean, it is a nine and a half minute song, but it's also not on vinyl anywhere, unlike the North and Leaving Through the Window songs. AND they kept a remix of "I Woke up in a Car" from the Owl City guy.

I would have bought this if "Konstantine" was on it, just because I don't think they'll ever press Songs for Silent Movies. I'd almost buy it for the Window tracks, since I haven't found that one on wax yet, but I'd rather just wait for another repress or for the day I stumble upon an affordable copy.

fenway89 and youwontknow like this.
  12. youwontknow

That's fair. I once drove from Canada to SF just to see SoCo do a reunion tour - which is: I once drove from Canada to SF to see SoCo perform Konstantine live. The most perfect 9.5 minutes ever.

13. DearCory

Regular

Konstantine was on the pressing of Leaving Through the Window as a bonus track... and I'd love to get an Audioboxer and SfSM pressing!

14. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

damn! don't know whether to pull the trigger on the red variant or not. I would just rather have two separate albums...

15. Craig Manning

Oh dang, didn't know that. I've only seen the pressing that didn't have it.

16. tjm

You've never seen a pressing without Konstantine on it because it does not exist. Also, those of you who pre-ordered and have never dealt with SRC good luck on that release date in October because you'll be lucky to see it before January, so I hope you don't mind waiting.

fenway89 and smowashere like this.
  17. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Yeah, that’s a deal breaker for me.

I’d probably pay $29.99 for a pressing of just “Konstantine” on a 10 or 12 inch with the lyrics etched on the back, or the live version as the b-side.

18. Loki

God of mischief

Pre-ordered both versions... I am an Andrew collecting completist.

I am sure I am the vast minority, but I am more bummed about the omission of the re-record of "Letters to Noelle"

DearCory likes this.
  19. Craig Manning

Yeah, same. I just want that song in my record collection, in some capacity.

KidLightning likes this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I miss this band a lot.

21. eboo

I came to say this. Between the release of North and LTTW this greatest hits is a waste. I'd rather a b-sides collection or demos release.

MrAirplane likes this.
  22. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

I was at that show to, but didnt have to make that far of a drive

youwontknow likes this.
  23. DearCory

Regular

My assumption (at this point) is the band isn't wanting to promote this because they see it as the same. Andrew has been completely silent on it after stopping the initial pressing

24. youwontknow

Yea, It was a goodie!

25. karcrashianpanache

hysterical and useless

Pulled the trigger on this way too quickly... didn't even notice it was missing Konstantine :(