Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Geoff Rickly of Thursday Talks About ‘Science Fiction’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. This was great. Geoff is always fascinating to listen to and I love having more of an "insider's" perspective on the band and their history.

3. jco3

Regular

Well, this should be a great listen. No Devolucion is a fantastic record as well. So many great tracks.

_unproductive and Aaron Mook like this.
  4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Can't wait to listen!

5. youngplanetary

geoff's take is interesting because there was a time when thursday and BN were competing for a similar demographic. his story about hearing TDAG and being bummed on how good it was is hilarious haha he's definitely a skeptic, which you don't hear from too often when it comes to BN. so, the podcast was definitely a thought-provoking listen for sure.

6. CMilliken

Trusted

It was a good listen this morning. Funny how he wrote them off during the YFW era then slowly started to come around during Deja and then being out done when he heard TDAG.

7. Gen Handley

Regular

Yeah they ended things on such a high note with that album.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. CAC3

Dog

DYING to know what Geoff was referring to when he said there was some type of drama within the band that made him expect them to never make music again.

coleslawed and noeljames like this.
  9. RobJGolde Aug 31, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 3, 2017)
    RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I was thinking the same thing! I heard a rumor that one of them slept with the touring guitarist Derek's girlfriend a couple years ago but I doubt there's any validity to that.

noeljames likes this.
  10. ihaveblink

Regular

^that rumor comes to mind as well.

11. younglikeme

ii // YLM

This was awesome & I really want an awesome documentary of the early Long Island/New Jersey punk scene of the early '00s

12. _unproductive

Regular

ugh... yes please.

younglikeme likes this.
  13. younglikeme

ii // YLM

I wonder if enough footage is out there & if there's someone who could get them all to sit down & really spill their guts about it.

14. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Mike Dubin might have the best chance of making that a reality. Dude was and continues to be everywhere capturing everything LI/NJ-based.

_unproductive and younglikeme like this.